2023 Applications: Cinema and Media Studies

nomis97

Hi Nomis!

I'm Kai, a first-year Film and TV studies grad student at Boston University. I'm planning to apply for some 2024 Film Study Ph.D. programs. Since I'm Chinese, I'm also interested in Asian Films and currently thinking to do further research on Chinese films or film theories. I'm really happy to meet you and looking forward to any good news from you! Wish you good luck with your interviews and applications!

6 hours ago, YadonKai said:

Hi Nomis!

I'm Kai, a first-year Film and TV studies grad student at Boston University. I'm planning to apply for some 2024 Film Study Ph.D. programs. Since I'm Chinese, I'm also interested in Asian Films and currently thinking to do further research on Chinese films or film theories. I'm really happy to meet you and looking forward to any good news from you! Wish you good luck with your interviews and applications!

Hey Kai! Nice to meet you. Feel free to DM me, and I happy to talk more : )

Hi guys, I just want to ask if anyone has received any messages from UW.... It seems that no one has post anything about UW. I saw the decisions and interviews at earlier seasons came out on early February. ( Though I am aiming at MA.)

On 2/16/2023 at 9:02 AM, ShirinZZZ said:

Hi guys, I just want to ask if anyone has received any messages from UW.... It seems that no one has post anything about UW. I saw the decisions and interviews at earlier seasons came out on early February. ( Though I am aiming at MA.)

Looks like some people have heard from UW for interviews. Personally, I haven't heard anything from them yet. Good luck to you!

On 2/22/2023 at 8:58 AM, nomis97 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Brown? I am not sure what causes the delay, but their results should be out weeks ago based on the past timeline...

PLEASE! I'm hoping that a braver soul than mine will email them and report the reply on grad cafe... if interview requests were already handed out, I can rest somewhat easy knowing I'm rejected lol...

43 minutes ago, coathanger2 said:

PLEASE! I'm hoping that a braver soul than mine will email them and report the reply on grad cafe... if interview requests were already handed out, I can rest somewhat easy knowing I'm rejected lol...

I emailed but heard nothing lol. I don’t think they do interviews historically, but this year just seems odd..

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone has got an interview request from NYU MCC? I noticed there was a status update last week or so talking about receiving a response from the department saying they already sent out interview requests but when I emailed they gave me very vague answers. So I'm wondering if anyone has been interviewed or knows anyone that got interviewed? Just want to know if I should still have my hopes up...

1 hour ago, cinemastudies1408 said:

wow just got an interview request from NYU for cinema studies!!!

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask if you receive the email from the department or your poi? Just want to figure out if I still have any hope...

2 minutes ago, KKK8 said:

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask if you receive the email from the department or your poi? Just want to figure out if I still have any hope...

Hey I got a phone call direct from New York - I'm not from the US so thought it might be a cold call at first - I think they had been trying to call earlier in the day so maybe check voicemail or they might ring later / tomoz

3 minutes ago, cinemastudies1408 said:

Hey I got a phone call direct from New York - I'm not from the US so thought it might be a cold call at first - I think they had been trying to call earlier in the day so maybe check voicemail or they might ring later / tomoz

Thank you! That's interesting! Never expected they call people for interview. Are you located in the US? Just not sure if they will approach by email for international student as well.

32 minutes ago, KKK8 said:

Thank you! That's interesting! Never expected they call people for interview. Are you located in the US? Just not sure if they will approach by email for international student as well.

I'm an international student not US so I guess they will be calling everyone! Best of luck with it all 

1 hour ago, cinemastudies1408 said:

I'm an international student not US so I guess they will be calling everyone! Best of luck with it all 

Thanks a lot for the information! no phone call for me so i guess it means a rejection. So sad. Good luck on your interview!

35 minutes ago, mwdsl190 said:

Hi! Has anyone applied/heard back from Cambridge Mphil Film and Screen? 

Multiple people on The Student Room have received offers. I have received an informal offer for the PhD. I recommend getting on The Student Room 'Official Cambridge Postgraduate Applications 2023' forum for Cambridge related inquiries. It's a very active forum!