HKS Fall 2023

goinfor3

Hey there, ty for taking the leap! And yes, I have been wondering that exact same thing. Maybe it is indeed a slow year and our chances are higher? ? Anyway, two months feels like an excruciating wait especially since I have a few other EA acceptances already. 

On 1/13/2023 at 8:24 AM, goinfor3 said:

I thought I would take the leap and start a thread for the long wait ahead. I can't tell if the forum is quiet this year because people have moved on to other platforms, or if this is a slow application year. 

I'm hoping it's a slow year...

If it helps, I attended HKS' Fall Visit Day. There were only a handful of MPP applicants. Many of the perspective students were going for the other 3 majors offered by HKS. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us. 

1 hour ago, Podrick Payne said:

I'm hoping it's a slow year...

If it helps, I attended HKS' Fall Visit Day. There were only a handful of MPP applicants. Many of the perspective students were going for the other 3 majors offered by HKS. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us. 

I'm actually an MC/MPA applicant so that's interesting to know! 

I'm on the lower end of work experience required to apply (8.5ish) and naturally during this unbearable wait have been been reading through profiles of MC/MPA grads on linkedin etc. Out of curiosity, where do you all (MC/MPA applicants specifically but also anyone can answer!) sit in terms of years of experience? 

14 hours ago, 2023MPAhopeful said:

I'm on the lower end of work experience required to apply (8.5ish) and naturally during this unbearable wait have been been reading through profiles of MC/MPA grads on linkedin etc. Out of curiosity, where do you all (MC/MPA applicants specifically but also anyone can answer!) sit in terms of years of experience? 

I have over 20 years of experience across a few sectors (financial services, urban development and consulting) with the last 15 years primarily spent in the MENA region. I've spent the bulk of my career as an American expatriate.

Hey! Is anyone applying to the PEPG fellowship? Or has any idea how much tuition the fellowship covers? I applied for four other scholarships other than PEPG, at least three of which didn't feel like too much of a stretch in terms of my professional experience and academic interests. I have a background in education policy so PEPG would be perfect but seems to cover only partial tuition. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Hanang Himawan said:

thanx for trying to add us, but i’m facing same error messages…

could you resend an invitation url without expiring dates? (i think you can change the link settings by trying the following?

1. click invite

2. click the cogwheel (for changing settings)

3. change “Expire after X days” to “never”

4. assure that “max usage” of the link isn’t limited to some number but infinite 

i really appreciate it for your trying

13 minutes ago, nnnnnage_skywalker said:

thanx for trying to add us, but i’m facing same error messages…

could you resend an invitation url without expiring dates? (i think you can change the link settings by trying the following?

1. click invite

2. click the cogwheel (for changing settings)

3. change “Expire after X days” to “never”

4. assure that “max usage” of the link isn’t limited to some number but infinite 

i really appreciate it for your trying

https://discord.gg/xNHeuZQBrK

can u use this link? I try to follow ur step ?

• 1 month later...