Emailing Professor regarding submission of application

nadolguna

Ph.D. applicant. I had exchanged a few emails with the professor before applying to the programs. I submitted applications, some only a week back and some a month ago. Should I write to the professor saying that I have submitted my application? I mean I just received an email from a professor saying that "I am wondering if you have submitted your application. I did not see it as of now. If you are no longer interested, let us know as soon as possible." In his previous email, he made it clear that the decision is made by the admission committee and he has no say regarding that matter. Now I apologized and replied to him. Should I email the rest of the professors as well saying that I have submitted the application? I don't know what to include more than that.

If the specific professor wrote you and is asking, Yes! write them back and let them know you submitted. You can also check in with the staff person coordinating admissions to make sure you did everything correctly.

If the PI is interested in you, they will make sure that your application gets looked at.