gre timing

Waits

Hello all,

I had timed taking the GRE based on ETS' websites guidelines that it takes 10-15 days to report scores officially to you and your selected four schools, and then another five days to send out additional reports. So I'm taking the GRE on 4th November, and thought that was plenty time to ensure all my schools got scores before December deadlines.

But now I'm reading in different forums that it can take 5-6 weeks for them to send out scores? Is it really that bad? I sort of presumed they were obliged to keep to whatever guidelines they give on their site ... naive?!

Any experiences on this?

Hello all,

I had timed taking the GRE based on ETS' websites guidelines that it takes 10-15 days to report scores officially to you and your selected four schools, and then another five days to send out additional reports. So I'm taking the GRE on 4th November, and thought that was plenty time to ensure all my schools got scores before December deadlines.

But now I'm reading in different forums that it can take 5-6 weeks for them to send out scores? Is it really that bad? I sort of presumed they were obliged to keep to whatever guidelines they give on their site ... naive?!

Any experiences on this?

You should still be ok, but check with the programs. Most allow you to enter your scores yourself and will be ok if the official scores from ETS arrive shortly after the deadline, since they most likely don't look at apps until January. Some programs stipulate that ETS scores must arrive by the deadline so you should just check with your schools to make sure.