I/O Applicants 2011

CSJ

Thank you.

Did you hear from Gatech and Portland State?

I didn't end up applying to Portland so don't know, but it seems they've been one of the later schools to get back to people in the past. GaTech has called with invitations to their visiting weekend (the first weekend in March).

I don't know if they're done with all notifications, but I do know initial acceptances have gone out.

Are you referring to the PhD program or the master's?

In what form is everyone getting their letters? Is it mostly email notifications?

Been lurking awhile. I also applied to USF and have heard nothing as of yet, not sure what this means. Following schools for which I have applied:

Clemson - nada

USF - nada

UCF - nada

Houston - nada

Central Mich - nada

NCSU - nada

Wayne State - called for quick phone interview, told them I was not interested (long story, never fully submitted my application) For people who received a quick phone interview what was the professors name who called?

Old Dominion - Shortlisted and invited for an interview (yes I guess they conduct interviews which is uncommon in I/O psych)

so it looks BGSU sent out reruitment emails? I'm on the "short wait list" but they offered $300 for my recruitment weekend. But also, I guess there was a group of "initial offers" That I didn't make. However, the emailed made being on the "short list" very optimistic.

Edited by donnyz89

Has anyone heard any news from UConn or Portland State or UGA?

I saw a interview coming out two days ago from Portland State so I checked with one professor but he said they were still reviewing materials and no news at this time.

I am kind of freaked out right now

being on waitlist is a kind of good news at least it's not bad. you will still have opportunities

so it looks BGSU sent out reruitment emails? I'm on the "short wait list" but they offered $300 for my recruitment weekend. But also, I guess there was a group of "initial offers" That I didn't make. However, the emailed made being on the "short list" very optimistic.

Has anyone heard any news from UConn or Portland State or UGA?

I'm in the PhD program at UConn right now (second year) and one of the faculty this morning said that they're having their first meeting tomorrow. They want to have a recruitment weekend the first weekend of March, so I expect that they'll send out the first wave sometime next week.

Thank you so much~~

I'm in the PhD program at UConn right now (second year) and one of the faculty this morning said that they're having their first meeting tomorrow. They want to have a recruitment weekend the first weekend of March, so I expect that they'll send out the first wave sometime next week.