I/O Applicants 2011

CSJ

how did you know this information? Did you ask professor directly? I am on the waitlist at USF and also want to know this kind of information

Basically: BGSU has 4 spots, they gave out 5 initial offers + 4 on the shortlist for interview.

No, I just checked their website. I'm currently in a program without full funding so I'm kinda know what's behind the wording. If they have the full funding they will say it in an explicit way rather than a conservative way

Thats a deal breaker for me also. How did you come about this information, did you talk with them directly?

I don't get it...it's not a bad thing but not a promising thing either right?

Just to let everyone know, a fair amount of programs are moving away from the "accept everyone before they visit" model. So if that is what you here, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Hmm. I haven't heard anything today but I emailed my POI yesterday and she told me they'd be sending out emails next week...I was high on the waitlist last year so now I'm just plain confused...What do you think? Looks like its going to be a long weekend! Best of luck!

quote name='mocha11' timestamp='1297466224' post='191949']

Hey whitecarnation,

yeah, I just heard from them today; I'm waitlisted. not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet. I guess we'll have to see.

If you didn't get an email saying you are on the waitlist, maybe that means that they'll be sending your acceptance letter next week! Especially if you were high on the waitlist last year, I think you have a pretty good shot this year! Good luck!!

has anyone received invites for the Georgia Tech recruitment weekend yet? i had a phone interview last week but have yet to receive their decision

also has anyone phone interviewed with CUNY Baruch yet? If so, what was it like?? I have one on Monday... but they didn't tell me who the professors were

also i already got rejected from the following:

USF

UMN

UMD

I hope this is true... I knew some programs sent out rejections but I got nothing...but I also heard that they gave out acceptance too...so weird...

good luck to everyone~

If you didn't get an email saying you are on the waitlist, maybe that means that they'll be sending your acceptance letter next week! Especially if you were high on the waitlist last year, I think you have a pretty good shot this year! Good luck!!

It's not "not promising."

My program didn't accept anyone straight out this year... we have a small pool visiting so that they can meet us, see what our program is like, if research fits, etc. Then decisions will be made.

I don't get it...it's not a bad thing but not a promising thing either right?

I sure hope so. Thanks Mocha.

You mean you were high on the waitlist last year but finally did not have change to get in (no one declined offers last year)?

I was worried now. I am on waitlist of two schools, 2 official rejections (maybe one more next week) and I haven't heard anything from the other three (I applied 8)

I was worried I would get nothing this year right now.

Hmm. I haven't heard anything today but I emailed my POI yesterday and she told me they'd be sending out emails next week...I was high on the waitlist last year so now I'm just plain confused...What do you think? Looks like its going to be a long weekend! Best of luck!

Hi Natasha, I'm in similar situation. Got one rejection, one waiting list, and two interviews.

Which programs did u applied to? Me has Akron, USF, Clemson, Penn State, Auburn...

You mean you were high on the waitlist last year but finally did not have change to get in (no one declined offers last year)?

I was worried now. I am on waitlist of two schools, 2 official rejections (maybe one more next week) and I haven't heard anything from the other three (I applied 8)

I was worried I would get nothing this year right now.

UMD, USF (waitlist)

Wayne State, George Mason (rejection)

Ga Tech (I should be rejected since I have not heard anything until now)

UConn, UGA, Portland State (no news)

It's an awkward situation now

Hi Natasha, I'm in similar situation. Got one rejection, one waiting list, and two interviews.

Which programs did u applied to? Me has Akron, USF, Clemson, Penn State, Auburn...

@ Natasha----

One person declined last year, but they only had two spots. I believe I was 4th or 5th on the list - so I would have been next up or close. I was almost there!!!! I have really strengthened my credentials since applying last time around. I will be very disappointed if I am rejected. I hope to at least make the waitlist this year. Hopefully Mocha is right and I got accepted.

I would not be worried about your admits Natasha. 2 waitlists sounds promising. I think you have a good chance.

has anyone received invites for the Georgia Tech recruitment weekend yet? i had a phone interview last week but have yet to receive their decision

I've received an invite-- it's the first weekend of March, so there's definitely still time to hear back before then. I didn't have a phone interview though....who's your POI?

I know that feeling!! I am sure you will get a great place to go this year!

@ Natasha----

One person declined last year, but they only had two spots. I believe I was 4th or 5th on the list - so I would have been next up or close. I was almost there!!!! I have really strengthened my credentials since applying last time around. I will be very disappointed if I am rejected. I hope to at least make the waitlist this year. Hopefully Mocha is right and I got accepted.

I would not be worried about your admits Natasha. 2 waitlists sounds promising. I think you have a good chance.

Basically: BGSU has 4 spots, they gave out 5 initial offers + 4 on the shortlist for interview.

This site was just brought to my attention by a friend of mine. I wish I would've known of it while I was actually applying to schools, but it's good to get a sense of where each school is with regards to processing applications. For BGSU, does this mean that all 9 who have a chance (5 accepted and 4 shortlisted) have already been notified? I haven't heard anything from them since the letter last month infoming me that my application had been sent to the psych department for consideration. After seeing this post, I'm guessing in this case no news is bad news for me...

Rejected. :(

Best of luck to those on the waitlist. I've heard they often enter their list so there's a good chance you will get in.