OISE MEd Counselling Psychology

aspiring_therapist

40 minutes ago, aspiring_therapist said:

Hi all! This forum is people who applied to OISE's MEd Counselling Psychology program, hoping to start in September 2023. It might be less nerve-wracking to wait together and share any news we hear :) Good luck to everyone who applied!

Thanks for creating this! I applied last year and didn’t get in so this is my second year applying. I received the decision last year around May, so definitely know the waiting game is so hard.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for creating this thread! I just saw on the admissions page on grad cafe that someone accepted clinical and counselling psychology at OISE, so results will hopefully be coming out soonish for counselling and psychotherapy : ) 

Hopeful and nervous - keep trying to prep myself for how to improve my application for next year, as the applicant pool seems to be so high for these programs.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PeacefulPsych said:

Hi everyone! I just got accepted to the MEd program! Not sure if it’s only me though since I emailed the admissions saying I have to respond to an offer by McMaster by today. Would love to know if there are more acceptances out! 

Congrats!! I was wondering with which email did you contact the department?

4 hours ago, PeacefulPsych said:

Hi everyone! I just got accepted to the MEd program! Not sure if it’s only me though since I emailed the admissions saying I have to respond to an offer by McMaster by today. Would love to know if there are more acceptances out! 

I also got accepted!! Congratulations to you 💜

27 minutes ago, aspiring_therapist said:

@counsellingapple After you log in, you have to click on "Fall 2023" near the left side, and on the next page it'll say Status Update and under that, you can click "view update". Hope this helps

Thank you so much for your reply!!
I clicked my Fall2023, then I only see "Open Application". If I click "next" (which is located to right top), then I see another application form which I decided not to submit... 
Even when I click "Open Application", I see the same page as I submitted with no changes, and there is no "View update" button to check either... 🥲 Just I see what I saw for this 4 months... am I seeing the wrong page? Sorry to bother you🥲 

@counsellingapple No worries! I know it's nerve-wracking.

I don't have a "next" button. For me it's "fall 2023", then "open application", then a page opens where it says "Fall 2023 - Department of Applied Psychology and Human Development - MEd in Counselling Psychology" at the top and then there's headings "verify address", "upload materials", "recent activities", etc. So on that page, the first heading says "status update" and under it there's a "view update" button. Maybe wait a few hours and see if it changes? Or email them saying you got an email but there's no status change

And yeah on that first page with "fall 2023" mine still says submitted 

Also, unrelated - how do you "reply" to someone's post on here? I can't figure it out lol 

23 hours ago, johnnyp.2 said:

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten in woo hoo! Has anyone else heard back? Still waiting and it's stressful.

Same here, no update... People who got results seem to be all accepted so far, at least in this forum... so wonder if the rest is not accepted...? hope not.

I'm almost hopeless, but still waiting for the result. Good luck to each other and all...🥲🙏

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BubbleTea4Life said:

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! It's already mid April and I'm still here waiting. I am not very hopeful though. Good luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear that. Some applicants have gotten official results by emailing the program coordinator. For the Med Counselling program I think people emailed Karen: kl.li@utoronto.ca, found on here https://www.oise.utoronto.ca/home/aphd/contact . Best of luck to you :)