PhD in Education/Human Development/Educational Psychology

Freddie.l

12 hours ago, francienolan said:

Haha yes it still says “under program review”. It seems silly that they won’t just put “waitlisted” at this point! 
Did you get an acceptance from Maryland? 

I’ve already decided on NC State :) 

No, but I emailed Ms. Moon and she told me that I was waitlisted because they received over 150 applications. It's very odd; I don't know anyone who was admitted.

I'm glad you'll join NC State. Congrats!!!!

Edited by IvanC
Typo

On 2/22/2023 at 1:03 PM, Freddie.l said:

Hi everyone! Did anyone hear back from:

Berkeley (Education) If yes, did you have an interview?

UC Davis or University of Maryland CP (Human Development)

University of Arizona (Educational Psychology)

I am losing my mind over here :)

If someone needs an update, got rejected from Davis, accepted to U o A, awaiting on Maryland and Berkeley. 

Emailed Maryland recently and got a response: We should be able to provide admission decisions within the next two weeks.

Best of luck to all!

On 3/13/2023 at 10:26 AM, Freddie.l said:

If someone needs an update, got rejected from Davis, accepted to U o A, awaiting on Maryland and Berkeley. 

Emailed Maryland recently and got a response: We should be able to provide admission decisions within the next two weeks.

Best of luck to all!

Congrats on Arizona! 

Are you still waiting on Maryland? I just checked my portal and it has been changed to "Under Grad School Review" which seems to be the precursor to a rejection based on all the posts I have seen on this forum in the past few years. Oh well! :)

6 hours ago, francienolan said:

Congrats on Arizona! 

Are you still waiting on Maryland? I just checked my portal and it has been changed to "Under Grad School Review" which seems to be the precursor to a rejection based on all the posts I have seen on this forum in the past few years. Oh well! :)

😢😢😢

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 10:57 PM, francienolan said:

Congrats on Arizona! 

my page still says under program review. my understanding was that this probably means rejection and yours means that it passed the program review and is now being reviewed by the grad school? so confused. i have no news except rejection from Berkeley

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 10:57 PM, francienolan said:

Congrats on Arizona! 

On 3/29/2023 at 6:30 PM, snuggles said:

No PhD in Teaching and Learning

About 25 hours ago my status changed to under grad school review. Cannot help but spiral. Have you guys heard anything back yet? what is the pattern here help me out 😭

2 hours ago, Freddie.l said:

About 25 hours ago my status changed to under grad school review. Cannot help but spiral. Have you guys heard anything back yet? what is the pattern here help me out 😭

For Maryland (teaching and learning) it said “Under Program Review” for months and then changed to “Under Grad School Review” and maybe 24 hours after that change I got an email with the rejection letter attached.
This was almost a month ago though… they’ve really put you through the wringer if they haven’t given you a decision yet! I’m sorry about that!  

27 minutes ago, francienolan said:

For Maryland (teaching and learning) it said “Under Program Review” for months and then changed to “Under Grad School Review” and maybe 24 hours after that change I got an email with the rejection letter attached.
This was almost a month ago though… they’ve really put you through the wringer if they haven’t given you a decision yet! I’m sorry about that!  

I'm sorry about the rejection! I hope you have other offers you're considering.

Yes! Isn't this awful? Like rejection, waitlist anything is better than dragging it out like this! 

10 hours ago, Freddie.l said:

My rejection came on Sunday. How weird is that

Sorry to hear! Do you have other plans? 

I got into three schools out of a total of 8 applications. All three were the best fit with my research interests and professors.