PhD in Education/Human Development/Educational Psychology

Freddie.l

1 hour ago, francienolan said:

I applied to literacy PhD program, but I also have heard absolutely nothing from Maryland. I didn’t apply to the other programs you listed! 
are those your only apps or have you already heard from a few other programs?

I got 2 rejections (Harvard and Udel) and one acceptance from Mizzou. What about you? How is it going? How are we doing?

1 hour ago, Freddie.l said:

I got 2 rejections (Harvard and Udel) and one acceptance from Mizzou. What about you? How is it going? How are we doing?

Congrats on Missouri! I’ve heard from NCSU, Ohio, UPenn and Johns Hopkins and am waiting on 4 more (Maryland, UNC-CH, South Carolina, Virginia). 

I applied to the Ph.D. in TLPL (LLSI), but I haven't heard anything from them, I mean, Kay Moon told me they would finalize the decisions and notify the admitted guys before February ends. Let's see, it's Feb 22 today. I'm not so concerned about it because I was admitted to other programs, and I will continue in my university (UIUC). 

33 minutes ago, snuggles said:

I applied for Ph.D. in TLPL my status bar changed to Under Grad school review. Hope I get in.

Nice! Mine still says “under program review”! So frustrating! 
I hope you get good news soon! 

6 hours ago, snuggles said:

I applied for Ph.D. in TLPL my status bar changed to Under Grad school review. Hope I get in.

I applied to UMD too but for a different program. I remember seeing my status changed from ‘under program review” to “under grad school review”, and sooner after I got the email from a professor in the program telling me that I was accepted. 

Hope it’s good news for you too! Good luck! 

21 minutes ago, polikilljoy said:

I applied to UMD too but for a different program. I remember seeing my status changed from ‘under program review” to “under grad school review”, and sooner after I got the email from a professor in the program telling me that I was accepted. 

Hope it’s good news for you too! Good luck! 

I heard some got an interview (I didn't) for the program I applied to. Also, my status is still under program review. Guess UMD is a no-go for me! That's okay I hope to get at least one full offer and I should be good to go. 

On 2/22/2023 at 1:03 AM, Freddie.l said:

Hi everyone! Did anyone hear back from:

Berkeley (Education) If yes, did you have an interview?

UC Davis or University of Maryland CP (Human Development)

University of Arizona (Educational Psychology)

I am losing my mind over here :)

I received an email from an admissions person at Berkeley a little over 2 weeks ago letting me know that I was accepted to their joint PhD in Special Education with SFSU. They said official letters with funding offers are delayed and I still haven’t gotten mine.

On 2/25/2023 at 7:17 PM, msjen said:

I received an email from an admissions person at Berkeley a little over 2 weeks ago letting me know that I was accepted to their joint PhD in Special Education with SFSU. They said official letters with funding offers are delayed and I still haven’t gotten mine.

Congratulations! This must feel amazing. Best of luck during your studies as well ❤️ 

8 hours ago, joc1989 said:

I have not heard anything from Berkeley (PhD in Education). I got admission offers at Northwestern (PhD in HDSP) and University of Washington (PhD in Learning Science and Human Development). 

Congratulations! Great accomplishments. It is good to have a choice

Guess it got deleted when I was correcting an error.  Well, I got into Clemson so I am good to go. Only need 1. By the way, it was a no for UMD I expected it as their research interest wasn't aligned with mine and STEM education. Seems faculty are afraid of STEM research in education or hate quantitative analysis they tend to do more qualitative, not even a mix. Maybe it's my engineer side lol.

8 hours ago, snuggles said:

Guess it got deleted when I was correcting an error.  Well, I got into Clemson so I am good to go. Only need 1. By the way, it was a no for UMD I expected it as their research interest wasn't aligned with mine and STEM education. Seems faculty are afraid of STEM research in education or hate quantitative analysis they tend to do more qualitative, not even a mix. Maybe it's my engineer side lol.

Interesting - my Maryland portal still says “under program review”. 

But, you’re right - you only need one!

On 2/24/2023 at 6:17 PM, snuggles said:

Did you get in? 🤞🏻

Update: sorry I only now read the post below. I’m sorry you didn’t get in :( My research also mixes different fields such as Applied Linguistics and Technology. 

Edited by IvanC

On 3/1/2023 at 3:06 AM, snuggles said:

hey no problem, did you get into a program you like?

Yes! I got an early admission from my the university I currently do my MA. I’ve also been admitted to ASU. 

On 2/27/2023 at 3:02 PM, francienolan said:

Interesting - my Maryland portal still says “under program review”. 

But, you’re right - you only need one!

Hi! Does your portal still say “under program review?” If it does, you’ve probably been waitlisted. 

4 hours ago, IvanC said:

Hi! Does your portal still say “under program review?” If it does, you’ve probably been waitlisted. 

Haha yes it still says “under program review”. It seems silly that they won’t just put “waitlisted” at this point! 
Did you get an acceptance from Maryland? 

I’ve already decided on NC State :)