GRE Biology Subject Test

LongGraduatedStudent

I haven't taken it yet (next April) but I've heard going through a General Biology textbook (Campbell) from the beginning is a big help. I've also picked up a few review books.

I have an old copy of Campbell in my closet. I figure I will start working through it. I am thinking about buying the Princeton Review book. I used it for the general test and it helped a lot.

Does anybody know what is a good percentile to get if you want to be competitive for the GRE Bio?

A particular percentage you should aim for?

Edited by Kitkat

I'm taking the Biology GRE in November, having graduated this past year.

For the past month or so, I studied Alberts Cell Bio, and a general biology textbook (not really comprehensive, but something). The review on Amazon.com seem to indicate that it will be pretty good for this purpose (but YMMV).

Lately, I moved to studying out of Schaum's outline of Biology, which has a great framework, but can be a bit light on the details (but probably enough to ring a bell and get you to go to your more comprehensive sources).

I took the Biochem GRE last fall, and found it really tough (It's hard to remember all the pathways and stuff). I did 'ok,' but not stellar, so I am now going for this test.

Edited by biosci3c

Does anyone have a good idea of studying besides using the Campbell book or Kaplan? I studied for 2 months off the Kaplan book which turned out to be utterly inadequate, but I have no time to go through the entire 1200+ page Campbell, plus my other textbooks.

Is the PR book really as people say it is? Did anyone here use it? How did it work out for you? Thanks!