Anyone know some cognitive neuroscience programs with no GRE requirement?

neuropsych76

I haven't found any. Just a few that don't weigh it heavily. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll have to take it again which means I'll be living on ketchup packets and tap water for the next month.

I doubt there are any without a GRE requirement but can anyone provide some anecdotal evidence for schools that say something like we have no GRE cut off, just try your best. In other words, for schools that do not explicitly say the GRE is important in admissions, will a bad score (1100) still be significant?

I doubt there are any without a GRE requirement but can anyone provide some anecdotal evidence for schools that say something like we have no GRE cut off, just try your best. In other words, for schools that do not explicitly say the GRE is important in admissions, will a bad score (1100) still be significant?

Do you really want to go to those schools? It's better to put in the time and energy now to get in to the best school possible, rather than attend a school just because they have soft GRE requirements

• 3 weeks later...

If you truly think your GRE score will keep you out, perhaps consider applying to some overseas institutions - Canada, Australia, UK, Germany. Very few (if any) would care about your GRE scores.

To be pedantic, Canada is not overseas.

And as a Canadian attending a Canadian school, I would say they do care about GRE scores. Most programs that I applied to required both general and subject GRE scores. Though anecdotally I've heard that American schools weight GRE scores more heavily; with so many applicants they need something to thin the herd.

To be pedantic, Canada is not overseas.

And as a Canadian attending a Canadian school, I would say they do care about GRE scores. Most programs that I applied to required both general and subject GRE scores. Though anecdotally I've heard that American schools weight GRE scores more heavily; with so many applicants they need something to thin the herd.

Well I was looking at one Canadian School (university of British Columbia) and their program said that applicants should have GRE scores in the 80's or 90's percentiles to be competitive...

Well I was looking at one Canadian School (university of British Columbia) and their program said that applicants should have GRE scores in the 80's or 90's percentiles to be competitive...

Yup, exactly what I mean. I just meant to address fluttering's post that Canadian universities won't care about GRE scores. They do. (For European/Australian schools, I have no idea.)