Scores for GRE Bio Subject test

Kitkat

Good GRE Bio score?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is a 680(64%) good or is a retake in my future?

Does anybody know what kind of scores schools look for with for the GRE bio subject tests? I am looking at geobio programs, and some of them are interdiscipliary, and am competing with bio majors as well for these programs, and that the bio departments will be looking at them. So what is a good score for them? I got a 680 (64%) on the one that I took, but keep in mind I am not going for a straight bio degree.

I've heard that anything above 70 percentile is a good enough score as there isn't that much weight placed on the GRE Bio test. Then again, I have no specific experience, so take this with a sack of salt.

I've heard that anything above 70 percentile is a good enough score as there isn't that much weight placed on the GRE Bio test. Then again, I have no specific experience, so take this with a sack of salt.

There dosen't seem to be that much information about it all. I know I got a 71% on the subsection of the test that is most relevant to what I want to go for, so I guess that is a good thing.

Does anybody know what kind of scores schools look for with for the GRE bio subject tests? I am looking at geobio programs, and some of them are interdiscipliary, and am competing with bio majors as well for these programs, and that the bio departments will be looking at them. So what is a good score for them? I got a 680 (64%) on the one that I took, but keep in mind I am not going for a straight bio degree.

Don't have anything to add here, unfortunately. I'm just starting to cram for the Chemistry subject test :o, and have the same question (except I'm competing with chemistry PhD applicants on the test, but applying for biogeochemistry). And wow, you're taking it early! If I were you, I'd study for another year :blink: and retake then.

I think it can often depend on your subset scores. Which one out of the 3 would be most important to your field? I got a 72% overall, but a 90% in ecology/evolution so I think that spoke well enough of me to not give me any problems.

I got my highest score in ecology/evolution same as you. But my percentile there was only 71%. But like I have said before, I am going in as mainly a geo student, with some background in bio, and the subscore that matters to me is the ecology and evolution one. But I guess what I am asking is, what is good for bio students, knowing that I might not be that good, but I do not want to be too far below either.