NSF GRFP Eligibility 2011

guppy

Hi everyone!

I'm concerned about my eligibility for the NSF GRFP. I am in the first semester of my second year, so I have completed 1 year of full time study. I took one graduate school course as a non-degree student prior to joining my graduate program, which I have now transferred to my current institution to count towards my first year - totaling 25 semester credits (I took 21 credits during my first year and 4 credits from the previous course). I think from the eligibility standards I pass as that I have not taken more than 24 part time credits and have not been in a full-time program for more than one year (for full time the number of credits is irrelevant, just the amount of time) - but it seems like I'm in a hazy area.

Any ideas?? Thank you!!

Based on my reading of the eligibility requirements, i think you're OK. The only confusion I see is whether your one grad course prior to your current program changes anything, but I don't think it does. That's my two cents, but I'm certainly not an expert on this.

Thanks for the advice! If you were me, would you list this school where the one graduate course was taken as a separate institution attended and split up the credits accordingly or just list my current institution with the total number of credits taken. If I do the latter, my current transcript shows the credit transferred but a grade is not listed, so I could submit both transcripts to provide a grade for the course. I just don't want them to get confused and count credit twice and then all of a sudden I'm not eligible.