LSE MSc degrees

tbonetrain

Hi all,

My stats are the following:

-Writing: 6.0, Math: 690, Verbal: 630 (GRE)

-3.66 GPA from top public university (U.Va.)

-3.97 GPA from community college (had to complete classes there during Teach for America participation)

-Teach for America participation

-8 months (and planned future time) working at NGO in Guatemala

-Internships at Clinton Global Initiative and BBC World News

Do you think I would have a solid shot at obtaining admission to a taught master's program (MSc) at the LSE in development studies or public policy/admin.?

Thanks- I have no idea how competitive admission is to their myriad programs, but imagine it varies greatly depending on the actual MSc for which you are applying?

Thanks again,

A

Hi all,

My stats are the following:

-Writing: 6.0, Math: 690, Verbal: 630 (GRE)

-3.66 GPA from top public university (U.Va.)

-3.97 GPA from community college (had to complete classes there during Teach for America participation)

-Teach for America participation

-8 months (and planned future time) working at NGO in Guatemala

-Internships at Clinton Global Initiative and BBC World News

Do you think I would have a solid shot at obtaining admission to a taught master's program (MSc) at the LSE in development studies or public policy/admin.?

Thanks- I have no idea how competitive admission is to their myriad programs, but imagine it varies greatly depending on the actual MSc for which you are applying?

Thanks again,

A

hey! i don't know about anything else, but at least your grades are up to par. most LSE masters programs - and british grad programs in general - require a 2:1 or upper 2:1 in the british grading system for admission. a 2:1 is a 3.4 GPA, and an upper 2.1 would be somewhere between 3.4 and 3.7... a first would be equivalent to a 3.7, so in the unlikely event that LSE require a 1st degree, your grades would still probably be fine. here they call for "a first or upper second"... you're fine, grade-wise http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/enquirer/entryRequirements/home.aspx

Edited by beaverish