late deadline

danibear

The school I applied to for a Master's program has a deadline of April 1st. All of my materials have been in since mid-February. Do you guys have any idea about how long before I get an answer?

I need to make decisions about where to live and other opportunities but I can't because I'm waiting on an answer from them. It is the institution I currently attend if that makes a difference.

The deadline for my doctoral program was March 1st. I've been told that it takes about a month for them to make their decision. Not sure if this holds for your program or not. I think every institution and program is different. I'm just sitting tight trying not to go nuts while I wait. Good luck. :)

If it is the institution you're currently attending, go up to the department and ask (politely) about their timetable for admission decisions, and if your early submission would make any difference. I found that admissions offices are not that scary after all.

Thanks for the help. I emailed them today and asked for an approximate time that graduate admission decisions would be made. The secretary forwarded the email to the head of the department. Maybe I will here something soon.