Just started PhD program - what's the best way to indicate that on CV/resume?

IOPsychology

So... I need to update my resume ASAP for an internship-type opportunity that's related to my field. I just started a PhD program in I/O Psychology. What's the best way to word that on my CV/resume? I was going to put it under the Education section (obviously), but don't know what to say about the degree itself (e.g. "Pursuing Doctoral Degree..." or "currently enrolled in.." ?. I would be grateful to hear how anyone else words their graduate degrees-in-progress on their own CVs/resumes.

Thanks very much!

IOPsychology

I would just put it in the Education section: full name of the degree, perhaps names of supervisors (if known), perhaps the name/theme of the project/thesis (if known), and state the dates as 2010-2015/2016/2017 (whatever applies).

You can also state 'current' after the date. Or 'expected', or 'in progress'.

Or simply '2010-' (current)

I have a similar question and didn't think it warranted initiating an entirely new post - can anyone give me a guide, really good website, etc that'll help me start a CV. I'm not even all to sure of what it is because I've only ever used my dinky undergrad resume. I'd appreciate a little bit of education on the matter. Thanks a bunch!

I have a similar question and didn't think it warranted initiating an entirely new post - can anyone give me a guide, really good website, etc that'll help me start a CV. I'm not even all to sure of what it is because I've only ever used my dinky undergrad resume. I'd appreciate a little bit of education on the matter. Thanks a bunch!

CVs look different in different fields. Try going to the webpages of some of the universities that you are interested in and spend time reading their current grads' websites. You'll get a good idea of how a CV should look and what kind of information it should contain for someone in a similar stage as you are in your career.