Johns Hopkins

silencio1982

~85% sure I'll be joining you for environmental engineering. It's a great program- on par with Stanford and Berkeley, but I can't say I'm thrilled at the prospect of living in Baltimore for four years... Oh well, maybe I can meet and marry a (soon-to-be) rich doctor :) .

• 2 weeks later...

hey scratchawl- i have heard that a number of grad students (at least in my dept) live in DC and commute to baltimore- it takes about an hour. i am considering doing this depending on where my husband gets a job. might make sense if you don't want to live in b.more. however... it is a hell of a lot cheaper than DC!

I'm currently considering the MS program at Johns Hopkins' Information Security Institute. I'm not very thrilled about the prospect of living in Baltimore either. Though i currently live in NYC so going anywhere will probably be a let down. I also don't like that Johns Hopkins has no graduate housing. But the program is supposed to be one of the best in the country.

The area around JHU- charles village and hampden- is supposed to be very safe and trendy. I am visiting in a couple of weeks- I'll post my thoughts here. By the way- I was born and raised in NYC so I know that "center of the universe" mindset... but other places really aren't so bad ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I will be going to JHU for physics

Would anyone be interested in sharing a 2BR (or 3BR?) apartment with me and a cat? I looked up some apartment complexes in the area, but need a roommate to pick a place and sign the lease...

FYI- i visited recently and would check out hampden and roland park for housing. charles village is apparently where many of the undergrads live and rents there are going up. roland park is suburban and hampden is more of a walk-able neighborhood with its own restaurants and bars. both are reasonably affordable.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use