[NSF GRFP] sending official transcripts

happybeaver

Hello. I have a question about sending the offial transcripts for NSF GRFP.

Last October I ordered a bunch of official transcripts to be delievered to my house, and just few days ago I sent one of the transcripts I have to the address designated by the NSF GRFP website.

I understand typically students request their school to send out their transcripts to the desired institutions. However in my case, since I sent my own (the transcript is still official - with seal and all), would this be a problem?

Also does anyone know how long it take for the fastlane website to update the receipt status of the official transcripts. Thanks in advance for your answers.

I contacted all my schools with exactly the same question. I am sending all transcripts myself (from two institutions, in sealed envelopes; sent in one package). All graduate schools I contacted said it wasn't a problem.

What I am (slightly) nervous about is that the sealed envelopes provided by my universities are plain and not stamped/signed across the seal. Then again, I have never heard it was a requirement. These envelopes do not contain LORs - there that would be a requirement.

I'm also curious about how long it takes the fastlane system to acknowledge the receipt of transcripts. My undergrad institution in Boston mailed out the transcript on 11/9 and has still not been logged into the system. I've double checked the addresses so I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm hoping it is just a massive inflow of transcripts meaning they haven't logged them yet.

Thank you all for your replies.

I just got a response from the NSF Opeartion center. Heres a quote: "...If the status of your

transcripts has not been updated by November 23rd we will allow you to re-send them.

This delay in processing will not negatively affect your application, and you will

still be eligible for review..." I hope this will help!