Duke ApplyYourself AAARRRRGHH!

GopherGrad

Am I the only one having crazy trouble with Duke's ApplyYourself page? It's slow and kicks me out between pages. I can't upload my personal statement. I moved my documents to my work computer and tried from there, but no luck.

Did you try switching browsers? If you have not, you might want to try that (especially if you use Google Chrome), because I remember having different issues with different browsers when I was applying.

Edited by rustytrix

Good thought, but I'm using Firefox from a Mac now and I'm pretty sure my work PC was running IE.

I'm at the point now where I just need to upload my SoP and writing sample but it's not accepting the files. They are pdfs, which I would think would be okay, but another school's site didn't accept the SoP I transferred to .doc on the mac.

Hopefully emailing the pdfs to myself and re-uploading tomorrow will work. The deadline isn't until the 8th, so I have some time to figure it out.

Am I the only one having crazy trouble with Duke's ApplyYourself page? It's slow and kicks me out between pages. I can't upload my personal statement. I moved my documents to my work computer and tried from there, but no luck.

the traffic's been high on all application servers these past few days... i haven't been able to access ApplyYourself either. give it a day or two, and things should be back to normal.

I called the applyyourself people on Wednesday because apparently the entire server went down (read: 3 of my applications deleted or inaccessible) and they said it was a systemic problem and they and the schools were aware of it, and are working to fix it as quickly as possible.

I had trouble uploading a pdf to another applyyourself application even after that one was back up and running and found that it worked after I opened and closed the popup box a few times--not super scientific I know.