Which schools do/do not have app status checkers?

bob_loblaw

I assume most of us have finished apps for polisci PhDs. I find the application status checkers really helpful, but it seems only about 1/2 of schools I have applied to have them. I'm wondering if this is the case, or if I'm just ignorant of the links to access the application status check page. This has been my experience:

Has status checkers: Ohio State, UT Austin, Berkeley

Does not have: Michigan, Stanford, Harvard

Need to stop procrastinating and submit my application: Minnesota, MIT.

Is this generally what you all have found? If I'm wrong about one of those could you post a link to the page, because not knowing if they are complete is really frustrating

Thanks!

Not from polisci, but can share my experience here. Some schools I applied to do not provide the option/service for checking status, and wanted the applicants to email the gradsec. Other schools provided this option, but in a very obscure way. I had to go through either the department website and find links/directions that led me to a status check page, or through the main graduate admissions office where the status check service would be buried in the application instructions, before you apply, FAQs, etc sections. Try these.. you might get lucky.

I assume most of us have finished apps for polisci PhDs. I find the application status checkers really helpful, but it seems only about 1/2 of schools I have applied to have them. I'm wondering if this is the case, or if I'm just ignorant of the links to access the application status check page. This has been my experience:

Has status checkers: Ohio State, UT Austin, Berkeley

Does not have: Michigan, Stanford, Harvard

Need to stop procrastinating and submit my application: Minnesota, MIT.

Is this generally what you all have found? If I'm wrong about one of those could you post a link to the page, because not knowing if they are complete is really frustrating

Thanks!

I might be able to add more later, but here's a quick update. Michigan definitely has a status page. You have to login using your UM ID, which will be emailed to you, and then you set up a U. of Michigan "friend" account. I don't know how often they update the page, but it is there. You can also check on the apply dashboard for the status of LORs for Michigan, Stanford, and others that use the same system.