Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

It looks like all the UCSD acceptances are Comparative and IR. Gives me a little hope at least I can still make it with American.

Just a guess, but I don't think they're done. Mine (IR) just got posted an hour ago and it looks like some people's were this morning, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more tomorrow.

I was on the way to the airport to go back home and just checked my email again, to see an admissions letter to UCLA !!!

So there is still hope if you haven't heard from them yet! Don't give up and good luck to everybody!

Hmm, seems as if there were a few more UCLA admits this evening. Since I haven't received anything yet, I'm guessing this means I will be getting a rejection tonight at midnight. Quite a few acceptances have already gone out, there can't be that many more left. I really hope they don't make me wait a week or more for the rejection.

*settles in to stare at the wall for a few hours until midnight*

Not that anyone should do anything that I did, but probably 1/3 of my SOP talked about faculty research interests and how those lines of inquiry would inform my own. The notes I took on interesting faculty were essential to making that happen.

About 1/3 of mine was as well, but that still ended up being approx 10 sentences because my essays had to be between 500-700 words. Hard to get in-depth. :/

Finally out of the UCLA limbo! I got in, but on the wait list for funding so I suppose that's another limbo though.

Claiming one of the other late UCLA acceptances! I'm in similar funding limbo, but it still feels fantastic to get my first positive response.

I'm there as well. I have no idea. It's scary. Hold me?

Also, your username made me do a double-take.

Yeah, I actually made the profile expecting to never make any posts...

It'd be interesting to know if us remaining folks are competitive candidates, at least prima facie. I would assume that if they thought we were scrubs they'd just give us the ol' valentine's day boot.

How did you already get rejected from GWU?

Maybe they just really hated me?lol I noticed one or two other GWU results on the board that day, though, so I'm not entirely alone in knowing the decision.

How did they contact you? And in polisci?

Email which told me to check the website. Had a standard rejection letter waiting.

For GWU, I actually applied to The Trachtenberg School. I ride a very fine line between IR and policy and thought a policy school might be better suited for what I wanted, but apparently not.

Email which told me to check the website. Had a standard rejection letter waiting.

For GWU, I actually applied to The Trachtenberg School. I ride a very fine line between IR and policy and thought a policy school might be better suited for what I wanted, but apparently not.

Oh! So it's not a notice yet from the Columbian School (I think). I'm in comparative, so not sure if this is "good news."

Northwestern just ended my limbo and posted their decision, a rejection. Not a total surprise anymore at this point, but still disappointing...

Sorry to hear the bad news. I really wonder what their rationale is for letting the rejections trickle out like that instead of just notifying everyone at once.