Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

Yes, I did... but it's a program that I have a lot of mixed emotions about. It doesn't have a very good record of placing people, at all.

Oh, Okay. I can see how that would be tough. Still, you have the option, which is more than some, unfortunately.

Any thoughts on that new Harvard admit? Looks like today is quite the day for those big-name schools...

Looks like a troll to me. HYP all admits, and the email came at 5:45 EST? Dubious.

But if someone claims, I'm all ears.

Harvard, Yale, Princeton all within 45 minutes. no idea where to go!

I promise its true. Found out a few hours ago... posting here wasn't the first thing I did after finding out!

Harvard is unofficial and then I got the yale and princeton emails minutes apart (maybe less than a minute)

Edited by ECpoli

I promise its true. Found out a few hours ago... posting here wasn't the first thing I did after finding out!

Harvard is unofficial and then I got the yale and princeton emails minutes apart (maybe less than a minute)

What's your field, if you don't mind me asking?

Well congratulations! I too am interested in hearing your subfield.

In at Princeton (IR).

'Grats to you as well.

Yes, my concern is that if I went for a year and tried to transfer, it'd look really bad. Or is it better to reject them and try 100% again?

Blargh.

Personally, I would go for a year, and if you think you need to try to transfer, do so. Take the guaranteed thing now; there's no guarantee you'll get better results next time around.

Yes, my concern is that if I went for a year and tried to transfer, it'd look really bad. Or is it better to reject them and try 100% again?

Blargh.

My simple concern is that a year in this program would add very little value to your application. As I see it, the MA is good for getting new letter writers and improving your grades. If you're looking for new letter writers and trying to transfer, you have about 10 weeks to sufficiently impress your new professors. Your grades won't post until after most application deadlines have passed, so that's right out.

You can edit your SOP and develop conference papers without the program.

My simple concern is that a year in this program would add very little value to your application. As I see it, the MA is good for getting new letter writers and improving your grades. If you're looking for new letter writers and trying to transfer, you have about 10 weeks to sufficiently impress your new professors. Your grades won't post until after most application deadlines have passed, so that's right out.

You can edit your SOP and develop conference papers without the program.

Just do a stand alone MA. Thats what I did and it got me into HYP today

I got this too. But I haven't received a follow-up email and the application page hasn't been updated. Am I in limbo or can I assume I have been rejected? I'm kind of disappointed. I have a good GRE score and wasn't really worried about Vandy.

Yeah, that's the e-mail I received. I'm assuming a rejection, especially since I haven't gotten anything since.

A few days ago, you said you were going to apply for graduate school next year. What gives, mate?

yes. I saw little possiblility to get enrolled in this year, and I'll apply next year.

But I still wish I have some undeserved luck this year, but it seems that I haven't.

yes. I saw little possiblility to get enrolled in this year, and I'll apply next year.

But I still wish I have some undeserved luck this year, but it seems that I haven't.

Wow, you applied to 18 schools with little chance, on your own account, of getting in? Don't take this the wrong way, but you must be incredibly wealthy and/or severely deluded. Sorry to have to say that.

Wow, you applied to 18 schools with little chance, on your own account, of getting in? Don't take this the wrong way, but you must be incredibly wealthy and/or severely deluded. Sorry to have to say that.

I felt confident before realizing I screwed up the SoP. But it dawned on me that I had left a big defect in the essay and the schools had no reason to admit me based on that.

Edited by adenlee