UBC MPPGA vs. LSE IMPP

Hi everyone! So I got my acceptance into these two programs and now I am struggling to choose between them
1. University of British Columbia, Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs (professional-oriented)
2. LSE, MSc International Migration and Public Policy (seems more theoretical)

In April, I decided to go to UBC already but yesterday I was accepted to LSE, which was my dream school when I was a teenager.
LSE is only one year and the tuition fee is cheaper, but the living cost is crazy higher in London. If I stay in Canada, I can just live at home and don't have to worry about visa/rent all those stuff. So the total cost is about the same.

My biggest concern about going to the UK is that I will have to come back to Canada anyway, and as I am working at the government rn I'm not sure if my connections won't be that strong if I am away for 1.5 yrs.

I still have some time to make a decision but I am struggling a lot. Please help me out on this, any advice will be greatly appreciated!

46 minutes ago, ysong0122 said:

Hi everyone! So I got my acceptance into these two programs and now I am struggling to choose between them
1. University of British Columbia, Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs (professional-oriented)
2. LSE, MSc International Migration and Public Policy (seems more theoretical)

In April, I decided to go to UBC already but yesterday I was accepted to LSE, which was my dream school when I was a teenager.
LSE is only one year and the tuition fee is cheaper, but the living cost is crazy higher in London. If I stay in Canada, I can just live at home and don't have to worry about visa/rent all those stuff. So the total cost is about the same.

My biggest concern about going to the UK is that I will have to come back to Canada anyway, and as I am working at the government rn I'm not sure if my connections won't be that strong if I am away for 1.5 yrs.

I still have some time to make a decision but I am struggling a lot. Please help me out on this, any advice will be greatly appreciated!

You pick the one that gets you a job. If you already have a job, you pick the one that will help you get a better job/promotion. In both instances, I'd pick UBC. LSE is good for PhD programs and a few masters degrees if you want to work at international organizations or think tanks. Past that, I don't understand the allure.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, BTF said:

You pick the one that gets you a job. If you already have a job, you pick the one that will help you get a better job/promotion. In both instances, I'd pick UBC. LSE is good for PhD programs and a few masters degrees if you want to work at international organizations or think tanks. Past that, I don't understand the allure.

Hi! Thanks so much for the advice, I did end up choosing UBC!