2024 Canada Prep & Admissions SLP Thread

6 minutes ago, chloem said:

ahh that makes sense. there wasn't a set date for when they send out decisions so it must be more of a rolling basis

Yes exactly but it definitely is more chaotic this way because its so unexpected

Is anyone planning on rejecting their McGill offer who has not already done so? Just trying to get an idea of the movement of the waitlist. Thanks in advance for all your responses! I called McGill and so far 12/30 spots are filled. They do not release info on waitlist position

Edited by anj_

1 hour ago, kristinaaa said:

so for those of us who applied to UdeM, I don't think that there are two rounds of acceptances. The way I think it works if I'm not mistaken is that some of us who get it a little later in April will have a a later deadline of accepting than those who received the offers early April.

that makes sense! i'm just a little stressed since I have gotten an acceptance at UOttawa and I have until April 17 to accept/decline the offer. I don't want to lose this opportunity but I do want to know where I stand for UdeM. Any thoughts or opinions?

1 minute ago, speechy22 said:

that makes sense! i'm just a little stressed since I have gotten an acceptance at UOttawa and I have until April 17 to accept/decline the offer. I don't want to lose this opportunity but I do want to know where I stand for UdeM. Any thoughts or opinions?

Pm me and we can talk about it!! :) 

23 minutes ago, anj_ said:

Is anyone planning on rejecting their McGill offer who has not already done so? Just trying to get an idea of the movement of the waitlist. Thanks in advance for all your responses! I called McGill and so far 12/30 spots are filled. They do not release info on waitlist position

Does that mean there are only 30 spots for the program? For some reason I thought there were more :( 

38 minutes ago, anj_ said:

I wonder roughly how many students they waitlist each year. Is the date to confirm acceptances for McGill April 15?

3 minutes ago, slp2002 said:

I wonder roughly how many students they waitlist each year. Is the date to confirm acceptances for McGill April 15?

They didn't tell me how long the waitlist was :( But I asked if there was a lot of movement last year on the list and they said yes because students accept offers elsewhere. People with offers have until the 15th to accept and then they'll go to the waitlist.

12 minutes ago, anj_ said:

They didn't tell me how long the waitlist was :( But I asked if there was a lot of movement last year on the list and they said yes because students accept offers elsewhere. People with offers have until the 15th to accept and then they'll go to the waitlist.

Ohh okay, that makes sense! Thanks for the information. 😊

Hi everyone! Congratulations to all those that got accepted, and best of luck to those waitlisted. I have been offered acceptance to McMaster and just accepted :) However, for anyone else who has also accepted Mac do you know how to pay the $500 deposit fee that is required? I can't seem to find where exactly to make this payment. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, slp947777 said:

Hi everyone! Congratulations to all those that got accepted, and best of luck to those waitlisted. I have been offered acceptance to McMaster and just accepted :) However, for anyone else who has also accepted Mac do you know how to pay the $500 deposit fee that is required? I can't seem to find where exactly to make this payment. 

Thank you!

Soon you'll get access to your macid which will allow you to log on to the student centre (mosaic) and info to pay will be available there! You can pay w card or do a direct transfer with your bank to the school under your student number.

I'm at Mac so I already have my macid and student number but idk when you'll get access to the info. I think some time between when you accept and when your acceptance has been finalized (which is around May 2). You can email slpadmin @ mcmaster.ca though! They'll prob have more info

3 hours ago, SocialCommSLP said:

Soon you'll get access to your macid which will allow you to log on to the student centre (mosaic) and info to pay will be available there! You can pay w card or do a direct transfer with your bank to the school under your student number.

I'm at Mac so I already have my macid and student number but idk when you'll get access to the info. I think some time between when you accept and when your acceptance has been finalized (which is around May 2). You can email slpadmin @ mcmaster.ca though! They'll prob have more info

Thank you so much! I reached out to slp admin@mcmaster.ca and they told me to look out for an email near the end of the month which will include all of this information. 

Edited by slp947777

Hi all! Does anyone know if a McGill group chat has been started yet? I am leaning towards accepting there  🙂

2024: McGill | UBC Victoria Campus | UofA Augustana Campus (waitlisted then accepted) | University of Washington MedSLP

Accepted | Waitlisted | Interview | Rejected

Edited by slp777

30 minutes ago, Daisy Rose said:

Any current McMaster SLP or UofT SLP students that would be willing to chat? I have some questions about the programs!

Thanks so much :)

hey i’m meeting someone at mac on thursday so you can pm your questions! i’ve also found that a lot of them are active on linkedin so if you have one send a msg! you can easily find people by google searching! 

Edited by SocialCommSLP

38 minutes ago, slp777 said:

Hi all! Does anyone know if a McGill group chat has been started yet? I am leaning towards accepting there  🙂

2024: McGill | UBC Victoria Campus | UofA Augustana Campus (waitlisted then accepted) | University of Washington MedSLP

Accepted | Waitlisted | Interview | Rejected

When did u of a let you know about being accepted off of the waitlist? 

Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone knows historically what the movement on the waitlist looks like for UofA? I’m assuming not but I thought I’d ask, currently I’ve been waitlisted at UofA and rejected from McGill, just waiting on Dalhousie. They’re really crunching their time there, I’m surprised they’re waiting this late to tell people but I’m happy to hear I’m not the only one that hasn’t heard back from them…