When exactly will the flood gates start to open?

Looking at previous years results for my programs, I really didn't have any expectations to hear from any programs until the later half of January, the beginning of February. However, from the looks of it, a number of psych programs have already started contacting applicants.

Now, I am already starting to worry/check email every 15 minutes/check application statuses every couple hours/etc. Is it still too early to let my anxieties get the best of me, or is it really [already!] that time of year?

And I was really hoping to try to temper my anxiety until later this month. Oh well!

Looking at previous years results for my programs, I really didn't have any expectations to hear from any programs until the later half of January, the beginning of February. However, from the looks of it, a number of psych programs have already started contacting applicants.

Now, I am already starting to worry/check email every 15 minutes/check application statuses every couple hours/etc. Is it still too early to let my anxieties get the best of me, or is it really [already!] that time of year?

And I was really hoping to try to temper my anxiety until later this month. Oh well!

Yeah, same here. But I did see a couple people hear back from schools I applied to already this year!! So, now I'm in the check my email every 15 minutes mode as well.

Yeah, same here. But I did see a couple people hear back from schools I applied to already this year!! So, now I'm in the check my email every 15 minutes mode as well.

As far as psych programs go, most of the early postings seem to be for clinical programs and neuroscience programs. I am applying out for social psych. However, even still, the crazy Obsessive-compulsive worrying has already begun!

BTW, does anyone here know of any social psych programs that have already started contacting applicants? What about any that you know are going to start contacting applicants this week?

As far as psych programs go, most of the early postings seem to be for clinical programs and neuroscience programs. I am applying out for social psych. However, even still, the crazy Obsessive-compulsive worrying has already begun!

BTW, does anyone here know of any social psych programs that have already started contacting applicants? What about any that you know are going to start contacting applicants this week?

I'm wondering the same thing about social psych programs.

I wandered around these forums last year when I was mulling over applying to potential Master's programs. It hit the fan around mid december to first week in February. At that time the, "OMG, did you hear from" or the "Does this mean I didn't get in?" threads stared to appear.

I'm still irrationally checking my email.

Last year I heard from most of my programs (Social and law) around late January-early February with interviews in mid-Feb. I know the person planning our interview weekend this year and, as far as I know, this is still the plan of when people will know. But the floodgates are going to start slowing opening and then it will get chaotic! Best of luck to everyone!!!

Yes, some social psych programs have already been contacting people. Personally, I have been contacted by Northwestern, Florida State, and the University of Arizona if that helps anyone. However, my advisor told me that many programs do not contact students until late Jan/early Feb. And I have also noticed from the forums that some students are contacted for the first time in March (or even April) with their acceptance.

I have yet to hear back from any programs, while another student in my lab has already been asked to interview at two schools (Oklahoma State and Kent, Clinical). I just want some news, any news, even if it is bad news! All the waiting and constant checking makes my stomach hurt.

That being said, I have heard the same as what is being posted here..... a majority of interview invitations will be extended late Jan/ early Feb.

Good luck everyone....unless you applied to the same programs I did, in which case I hope they lost your application ;) I kid, I kid!