Anyone applied for Berkeley GSE

AppPsycholinX

I saw someone just posted a rejection in the results section for the POME concentration. They emailed and were told that they were not one of 14 people recommended for admission. Apparently notifications of acceptances have already been sent out for this concentration. not sure about other programs though. aaaaaaaah!!! the wait is driving me completely nuts.

I called in about my application status today and found out that my application is still with a faculty member. So maybe other people are in the same boat.

I emailed them a couple of days ago to inquire about my residency status, and have not yet heard back about that.

I only received the general automated email back in response, as yet.

Maybe I should call to ask about my application status? I'm just too nervous....the possibility of being rejected on the phone just sounds too much!

I emailed them a couple of days ago to inquire about my residency status, and have not yet heard back about that.

I only received the general automated email back in response, as yet.

Maybe I should call to ask about my application status? I'm just too nervous....the possibility of being rejected on the phone just sounds too much!

Yea I e-mailed too...and didn't receive a response. I am now a bit more afraid to call since it's down to the wire.

Hi Educ2011, I think it's awesome that you have called in though, because honestly I can't face it. I do hope we hear back soon though. I am driving my roomates crazy!

Ok update! There is a stack of denies going down to admission today....So good luck everyone!

well i hope that you hear some good news Educ! I should call in, but I'm too nervous! Was she referring to all programs when she said that all acceptances would be out by next week, or the Human Dev program only? Thank you and GOOD LUCK!!

She was referring to all programs

March 18th is so far away!!! I thought we were going to hear by the end of this week. I guess I shouldn't give up hope, but I applied to a PhD program and haven't heard anything yet. Gah!

They said acceptance decisions were made yesterday... maybe those come out first and the rejections come out on March 18th?

They said acceptance decisions were made yesterday... maybe those come out first and the rejections come out on March 18th?

This is awful!!! I think reading that March 18th is/might be the date makes me feel worse! I applied to the PhD program - I am feeling like I have about a 2% chance of getting in, but here's hoping.

This is awful!!! I think reading that March 18th is/might be the date makes me feel worse! I applied to the PhD program - I am feeling like I have about a 2% chance of getting in, but here's hoping.

It is nerve racking to wait so long. I have been e-mailing them, and they must think I am annoying, but all I want to know is if I made the cut or not. =/ but lets hope for the best. Hopefully we all get in.

Edited by educ2011

I just called the Admissions Office and the lady asked for my last name. She looked me up and said that my decision was in her system and that I would be receiving an email in the next couple of days. She said it could be up to 2-3 days. Doesn't sound good, since I thought only rejected applicants received emails. DANG.

I just called the Admissions Office and the lady asked for my last name. She looked me up and said that my decision was in her system and that I would be receiving an email in the next couple of days. She said it could be up to 2-3 days. Doesn't sound good, since I thought only rejected applicants received emails. DANG.

Can I ask what program you applied for? Or do you think this applies to all of them?

I think it might apply to all of them, but not sure. I just told her I was an applicant to the Social & Cultural studies PhD program, and she looked me up, said my decision was in her system and that i'd be getting an email soon.

According to Educ2011 on this thread, they said all acceptances were finalized this week when Educ called in earlier in the week....and i think that was for all programs.

In the results section, it seems like all applicants (admitted or rejected) received letters via postal service last year, and some received emails this year, so perhaps we could receive either.

Good luck, and i'll let you know what happens! Which program did you apply to?

Oh goodness this is just too stressful! I applied to POME MA/Ph.D. and have been trying to wait very patiently for them to contact me. I feel like the office has been very tight-lipped to those who have called and shared their experiences on this thread though. It's already Friday, so I guess I need to suffer through another weekend of this? Eek.

I finally got a response from Rochele, the admissions coordinator, whom I'd emailed asking for my application status. She said I could expect an official decision by email in the next 2-3 days. The GSE website says that notifications are by mail, though. Do you think the FAQ section just hasn't been updated? I also got the impression that only rejections are sent by email and acceptances by mail...then perhaps this is a bad sign? Does anyone have any news or insight on this?

Hey Eupa,

I got rejected on Monday from the SCS PhD program by email. it was a poorly written and cold rejection.

I hope that you get some better news from them. I am not sure if acceptances go out via mail, even though that is what the website says.

Keep your head up!

Even though I got rejected from Cal, that same night I was admitted to Harvard.....so your luck can change!!!

Hey Eupa,

I got rejected on Monday from the SCS PhD program by email. it was a poorly written and cold rejection.

I hope that you get some better news from them. I am not sure if acceptances go out via mail, even though that is what the website says.

Keep your head up!

Even though I got rejected from Cal, that same night I was admitted to Harvard.....so your luck can change!!!

Congratulations!! I received my rejection from them on Tuesday it was, I believe. Kinda bums me out even though in the end I probably wouldn't have chosen to go there. Congrats again and thanks for the info!

I still can't believe I got accepted. Anyone else thinking this is completely ridiculous? I keep thinking that they obviously made a mistake....computer error....something...it's surreal. my mother has already told everyone she knows! hah!

Who's going to be attending HGSE this fall?? cool.gif