Any GSPIA applicants?

apsuwa

Hi, I'm applying to pittsburgh's GSPIA, Master of International Development. I would like to cite some faculty in my SOP but unfortunately I could not find anyone that has a name recognition or has done/written something spectecular. Maybe it's just becasue of the insufficient information on their website but does anyone else aplly to GSPIA this year and experience a similiar problem? Any current or ex student willing to provide some information?

Hi, I'm applying to pittsburgh's GSPIA, Master of International Development. I would like to cite some faculty in my SOP but unfortunately I could not find anyone that has a name recognition or has done/written something spectecular. Maybe it's just becasue of the insufficient information on their website but does anyone else aplly to GSPIA this year and experience a similiar problem? Any current or ex student willing to provide some information?

Hi apsuwa!

My boyfriend is currently a first-year GSPIAN and I know that he put down that he was interested in the Johnson Institute for Ethical Leadership because of his interests in making media take responsibility for what they publish about policy. He explained this in his GSPIA essay (which I edited for him many times. haha), in addition to citing one professor that was connected with the Johnson Institute. If you have any other questions, message me privately!

I applied and had the same problem. Like the above advice, I chose to mention a few details of the school that I found interesting, such as research centers. I'm also going to visit in a couple weeks, so hopefully I'll get a better idea of what they have to offer.