Rescinding admission?

lalalacereza

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so please move it if you can think of a better home for it!

I have been accepted into an MA, and I'm very pleased. The selection committee prefers, but doesn't require, people with a background in economics. I didn't do any during my undergrad degree, but started a first year course this (Australian) semester, so it will be finished by the time I start in August. I mentioned this class on my application.

I am a little panicky about it, and am scared that I'll fail. I've never had less than a B equivalent before, but this semester has been so full of work and illness and responsibilities over and above my normal life. Realistically, failing isn't likely, but I'd like to know if it would be the death knell for my admission. I suppose I might need a bit of a kick in the bum to get me studying harder!

The offer letter says 'you are hereby granted admission to the Graduate School...', and makes no mention of conditional acceptance pending results from this one class. If it's not mentioned, does that mean they won't require proof of completion before I matriculate?

I am a little panicky about it, and am scared that I'll fail. I've never had less than a B equivalent before, but this semester has been so full of work and illness and responsibilities over and above my normal life. Realistically, failing isn't likely, but I'd like to know if it would be the death knell for my admission. I suppose I might need a bit of a kick in the bum to get me studying harder!

The offer letter says 'you are hereby granted admission to the Graduate School...', and makes no mention of conditional acceptance pending results from this one class. If it's not mentioned, does that mean they won't require proof of completion before I matriculate

It sounds like you're in to me. I'd do my best in the ECON course, but I wouldn't sweat a 'B' or 'C'. Learn what you can and move forward. I thing you're good to go. Good luck.