Duke application status emails

What a stupid thing to stress me out, but is anyone else getting multiple emails from the Duke Graduate School listing off which items they've received? The first time it seemed normal, but I'm up to 4 identical emails from them, so it's starting to make me think there's something wrong with my application (rather than thinking there's something wrong with their email system, which is probably a more reasonable assumption) so I'm hoping one of you can say this is happening to you too and their system is to blame.... It seems like a stupid thing to contact the school about, so I'm crowd sourcing to make myself feel better :)

Edited by noxrosa

Don't panic, I'm getting them too! I was actually going to post/rant today about how incredibly annoying they are! Everytime I see an email from Duke, my heart stops and then I have to reboot it once I realise it's just another bloody app status email. You're right, the first one or two was fine, but is there really any need to keep sending them with absolutely no change in status!?

I don't know about Duke, but UNL sends "status updates" every week. They say if you don't want to recieve them you should unsubscribe. Maybe it is a similar situation and you just need to unsubscribe?

That would be nice, but it's definitely not an option they're giving!

I have also been receiving these emails. Not exactly sure what the deal is with them, but after this many I've begun to just ignore them. Glad I'm not the only one getting them.

I'm getting the e-mails also. The previous ones didn't bother me so much. But, we are getting close to when they invite people for interviews...so yes my heart did skip a little beat.

Also getting them. . .they also still look the exact same as they did the first time. . .I know they have a couple letters that they don't list as having, though. It seems odd that they send the exact same thing each time, but whatever I guess.

Also getting them. . .they also still look the exact same as they did the first time. . .I know they have a couple letters that they don't list as having, though. It seems odd that they send the exact same thing each time, but whatever I guess.

I'm getting them too. I think I've gotten four so far. The only the thing that worries me is that they haven't received my official transcripts, which I sent over two months ago. They're not necessary for acceptance, just formal admission. Do they really start sending invites to see the campus soon? I thought it wasn't until early feb.

• 2 weeks later...

What a stupid thing to stress me out, but is anyone else getting multiple emails from the Duke Graduate School listing off which items they've received? The first time it seemed normal, but I'm up to 4 identical emails from them, so it's starting to make me think there's something wrong with my application (rather than thinking there's something wrong with their email system, which is probably a more reasonable assumption) so I'm hoping one of you can say this is happening to you too and their system is to blame.... It seems like a stupid thing to contact the school about, so I'm crowd sourcing to make myself feel better :)

Hey I m getting them too!! Btw does Duke have a separate status check page where yu can check ur current status? Most of the other websites have one. So please let me know if they have one too! I have no clue! :(

I'm sure these are entirely automated once the poor soul on the other end inputs the initial info (+ any updates if you've sent in missing materials), so I have tried to avoid fussing over them.

augustquail: The note at the top says somewhere in the middle that, because official transcripts are not required until after admission, they are all marked for now as "unofficial." So if you have a U, they have them...no sweat.

tejaswi: Far as I know, there is no way to check application status/feed our paranoia until the final decision has been made, at which point they send another email (which, from the sounds of the closing lines here, has a link/instructions for logging onto an online letter with the decision).

Not long now...good luck, all!