Last 60 units....?

cyo

Some of my potential grad schools are going to look at the "last 60 units," or, in my case, the last 90 units (quarter system) of my coursework. I transferred to my current university as a junior, and thus far, I've only completed 55 units here (I'm a senior). My last school (a CC) was on the semester system, which makes the calculation process even more confusing. Will admissions calculate 55 units at my current school, and then go back to my other transcript to get to 90 units? This sounds a bit strange, since I took lower div. GEs at my CC, and only started my upper divs. major courses (which should logically mean more) at my current school. Does anyone know anything about this? I have no idea what GPA admissions will look at and this is making me even more nervous.

Edited by cyo

The best thing to do would be to ask them. But I would think that if they say the will look at 60 units, then they will be looking back to your CC courses. Won't that work out in your benefit, though? If they really only look at 60 (and not the quarter equivalent of a semester's 60), then they will ultimately be looking at a shorter span of time...

Who knows. If it's killing you, just ask. Semester and quarter credit conversions so get confusing (I know from experience).

The best thing to do would be to ask them. But I would think that if they say the will look at 60 units, then they will be looking back to your CC courses. Won't that work out in your benefit, though? If they really only look at 60 (and not the quarter equivalent of a semester's 60), then they will ultimately be looking at a shorter span of time...

Who knows. If it's killing you, just ask. Semester and quarter credit conversions so get confusing (I know from experience).

Thanks for your reply. YES, it would so helpful if they also looked at my CCs, so I'm hoping that's what they'll do. I just figured out a possible GPA - conversions included - and I have a higher chance of admission than I previously thought.