Anyone got rejection from CMU & UIUC, both ECE

nevsaynev

Hi,

didn't apply to CMU ECE, rather to CS Robotics.

However, I did apply to UIUC ECE and it seems that once again this year they are taking their time with decisions. When I emailed them at the beginning of last week, they said that faculty were still in the selection process and that decision would be made by April 1.

Well, April 1 is tomorrow, we'll see if they can keep their promise. I studied at UIUC before and know some of the ECE secretaries. They are very nice and helpful and it's probably not their fault at all, but it seems that something is going wrong in the department as far as getting decisions out in time.

I also applied to the UIUC IESE department and got accepted there. They also have people in my field so it doesn't make that big of a difference. Considering that UIUC has the Coordinated Science Lab and Beckman Institute as interdisciplinary institutes connecting most of the engineering faculties, it is easy to work with professors from other fields as well.

I also got a rejection from UIUC Bioengineering...

I don't know a thing about ECE at CMU. I cannot find the application webpage! it says "access forbiden" No CMU email related in my email account, etc.

I'm going mad!

Any decision from CMU ECE? What about an email to ask or password retrieval system at my.cmu.edu?