SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Sorry for bombarding you with Marquette questions, Inbee...but do you see the "next step forms" thing that we were talking about on your checkmarq account?

Also, I didn't apply for the BIES program. So maybe the difference does come from you applying for that jbw! Don't give up hope!

No, I actually didn't see any of the "next step forms" when I checked a few nights ago, so maybe for those who did see that on their account, there may be good news coming your way!

I've been creeping on this thread for a long time and today I got accepted! Earlier this week I got wait-listed at UW Eau Claire, and today I got accepted to Kearney-Nebraska. I tried to apply to smaller, less competitive programs because my numbers aren't that great.

I am still soo excited! I started crying when my mom called me. It was sent to my permanent address also... :) Good luck to everybody!

My friend got that letter it didn't list prereqs they were missing but suggested that if you want to reapply to Marquette to get higher test scores and re take classes to raise your GPA- this person had all the prereqs and a 4.0 GPA along with tons of work, volunteer and research experience in the field. Pretty sure they are looking for GRE scores on the high side

I was talking about Wisconsin Madison, not Marquette. :)

WannabeSLP: You said you heard from ECU on the 28th... did they contact you via email? Have any more info?

Here's hoping the rest of the schools hurry up and send out letters so people can make their picks and you can get off of that wait list! :D

Hopeful1234, did you mean Pacific University instead of University of Pacific? Cause I noticed you're applying to Pacific University....

I must have written that wrong on my stats area. I applied to university of pacific in stockton, not pacific university.

Hey Folks, I had an interview today for one of my programs and I have been contemplating writing her a thank you letter and sending it in the mail. Anyone think this would be a good/bad idea? Do people do this sort of thing for grad school interviews? thanks!

Hey Folks, I had an interview today for one of my programs and I have been contemplating writing her a thank you letter and sending it in the mail. Anyone think this would be a good/bad idea? Do people do this sort of thing for grad school interviews? thanks!

I think it is a must to send a thank you after! You should definitely do it.

Hey yall! Has anyone heard when UT Dallas, University of Houston, University of North Texas or Texas State are sending out letters? Has anyone heard back from any of these schools? I know some UTD does rolling admissions, but I'm wondering when other schools are sending out letters. This waiting is killing me! :/

Hey steen2011 i see youre from Texas too! I applied to Texas State, OLLU, and Texas A&M-Kingsville. Im going crazy waiting too it seems all schools in Texas usually send out emails or letters mid march or first week of April. Good luck!

hey aapple50! Yeah, thats what I thought. I read the results entries from last year and most of the schools seemed to send out letters around the beginning to middle of march.. so hopefully that happens again :) I noticed that CSD programs seem to be the last depts to send out letters :/

Tick tock tick tock... hope everyone gets the news they want to hear very soon!! :lol:

Sorry basketball fans, anxiety about hearing back from SLP schools is what really brought about the term March Madness. :blink:

P.S. Can you tell I just discovered the extent of the emoticon options?