SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I was the one that got accepted to Pacific University! My roommate and one other girl in my major did too. So they are definitely doing the calls today and tomorrow. But I'm sure some people won't accept the offer...they sounded like they expected a lot of people to say no and go through a big waitlist. But good luck! :)

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing! Did they give you all a timeline to make your choice?

Edited by kriskros

Starting to wonder what my mornings will be like without compulsively checking my application status at every school and on this website.

Hang tight, everyone! Some schools didn't send out word until the last week or two of this month last year. :wacko:

Happy Friday!

Edited by WannabeSLP

Pact that as soon as we hear something we'll post to put the other two out of their misery?

Got a call just a bit ago telling me that I was accepted and being offered a $15,000/year merit scholarship!! YAY! Hope you guys hear soon. They are definitely still making calls!

Got a call just a bit ago telling me that I was accepted and being offered a $15,000/year merit scholarship!! YAY! Hope you guys hear soon. They are definitely still making calls!

Ahhh!! That's amazing!! Congrats!!!

Incredible! Congratulations!!

(*Stares down phone*)

Did anyone who applied to University of South Florida just get an email saying thanks for applying - "the review process is expected to take 30-60 days"? I'm pretty sure that's code for waitlisted so I wanted to see if anyone else got it too??? I'm freaking out a little - that was my top choice. Thanks!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing! Did they give you all a timeline to make your choice?

They said the official letter will be sent out in a week or so and to send back confirmation of attending or not ASAP. But they know we're waiting on other schools still so we can hold a spot apparently while we wait just in case.

Did anyone who applied to University of South Florida just get an email saying thanks for applying - "the review process is expected to take 30-60 days"? I'm pretty sure that's code for waitlisted so I wanted to see if anyone else got it too??? I'm freaking out a little - that was my top choice. Thanks!

I got that too. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with being waitlisted. My friend got the same e-mail almost 2 months ago. Apparently the graduate school is 3-4 weeks behind in processing so some of our letters of rec didn't make it to the department until now. (I know this because I called them last week to make sure they had everything because I never received an e-mail saying my application was complete).

I got that too. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with being waitlisted. My friend got the same e-mail almost 2 months ago. Apparently the graduate school is 3-4 weeks behind in processing so some of our letters of rec didn't make it to the department until now. (I know this because I called them last week to make sure they had everything because I never received an e-mail saying my application was complete).

Ohhh that's good! Thanks so much! I was freaking out a little over here lol. Yea, until now, I had also never gotten an email saying my app was complete, though I got one saying it was referred to the dept a long time ago. That's good to know. Phew...

Edited by steph8796

Ohhh that's good! Thanks so much! I was freaking out a little over here lol. Yea, until now, I had also never gotten an email saying my app was complete, though I got one saying it was referred to the dept a long time ago. That's good to know. Phew...

Yep! Same exact thing happened to me. Hopefully we'll hear back soon :)

Just accepted at Illinois! After a lot of setbacks, it's nice to finally feel...accepted ha.

A little scared/bummed/inconvenient that the program starts in June though.

Congrats! I was accepted at Illinois also, but I am a non-major so would I start in the fall (I think). I am currently talking to them because I've taken most if not all of their prerequisites.

What was I thinking applying to 11 schools??? I'm sort of glad, since it upped my odds of getting in, but this is what my next two weeks look like:

Work tonight, and then a 10-hour shift Saturday, and then someone is coming to cover the last half of my usually-ten hour Sunday shift so I can drive to Knoxville. Then interview Monday (it might snow in Knoxville that day, to make this even crazier), drive right back home, then Wednesday I essentially leave for New York (for the NYU Welcome Day) until Saturday, then my cousin's wedding shower, then I'm hiking Sunday through Tuesday, then back to the work grind. AAAHHHH!!!

Luckily, though, I probably won't need to visit any other schools, even if I do get in. I've visited the ones I'm interested in.

Everyone hang in there!

I got the same email yesterday. Every time I called USF I got the impression that they were a bit frazzled haha it is a crazy time of year... so I don't think that it means anything other than your application is finally complete and being reviewed. aka... MORE WAITING. ahhhhhh.

OK, so MGH sent me an e-mail that said I'd be getting "official" word in the mail after they sent out letters Mar 7th. Has anyone who has gotten in gotten an e-mail like this? I'm thinking that if the folks who were accepted got phone calls that letters don't sound so great.

Good thing I have the weekend to overanalyze this.

OK, so MGH sent me an e-mail that said I'd be getting "official" word in the mail after they sent out letters Mar 7th. Has anyone who has gotten in gotten an e-mail like this? I'm thinking that if the folks who were accepted got phone calls that letters don't sound so great.

Yeah, it doesn't look good. Did those who were accepted receive it too?

Even though I got a phone call today, I also got this email, so it seems like the email was sent to all applicants. I hope you hear good news soon, WannabeSLP!

Even though I got a phone call today, I also got this email, so it seems like the email was sent to all applicants. I hope you hear good news soon, WannabeSLP!

Thanks the_rain_in_spain, although I'm pretty doubtful at this point it is somewhat reassuring to know that everyone got that "friendly" update. But ahhhhhhhh! Why couldn't they just tell us in the e-mail? Commence Thin Mint therapy.