SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

So amazing to see all the good news on here - congratulations everyone!

FYI, I sent an e-mail over the weekend, but still haven't heard anything from the University of Cincinnati. I guess they're avoiding me :unsure:

But, I got good news from Southern Connecticut State! Anyone else thinking about heading to New Haven in the fall? I haven't yet heard back from all of my schools, but right now I'm kind of in between SCSU and East Carolina U. Thoughts?

So amazing to see all the good news on here - congratulations everyone!

FYI, I sent an e-mail over the weekend, but still haven't heard anything from the University of Cincinnati. I guess they're avoiding me :unsure:

But, I got good news from Southern Connecticut State! Anyone else thinking about heading to New Haven in the fall? I haven't yet heard back from all of my schools, but right now I'm kind of in between SCSU and East Carolina U. Thoughts?

Congrats on the acceptance at SCSU! I am also seriously considering heading to New Haven. Some factors for me are the relatively inexpensive tuition and all the new construction that has been done on the campus in the past few years. Another consideration is that my husband has been admitted to Yale for a PhD program. Other places I have been accepted (BU, MGH, NYU, Emerson, UConn) would all be fairly rough commutes, though UConn wouldn't be awful.

The program is so long at SCSU! What are you thinking about that?

Thanks, still 3 more to go though so I'm sure I'll ruin the streak at some point :P just grateful to have options.

Yeah, there is still the possibility of an assistantship, I'm not sure how much it will cover though. I don't know, maybe I shouldn't write them off so quickly, I've never visited before so maybe I should make the trip for the open house. I've heard awesome things about the program, but with the tuition being so high plus a high cost of living, I just don't know if the positives outweigh the negatives when I have other funded offers...we'll see I guess!

Good luck with the rest of your apps! I hope Pitt gets back to us earlier than they usually do...

(edited for typos :))

Congrats on your scholarship at U Washington and your assistantship at Towson. What department at Towson did you get your assistantship with? Is it a full-time or part-time one?

For those who heard back from Teachers College, did you get an email or was it just on your NextStep?

I got an email that linked to https://app.applyyourself.com, which had a link under my list of providers called "Decision Status: Available beginning 3/7/2012". When I clicked on it, there was a pop up of my acceptance letter. Good luck!!

I am dying to hear from them! I emailed about two weeks ago and I was told they were aiming for mid-March since they had more applicants than usual (which would probably be this week?). Then I called today and was told "I don't know, I have no idea." So now I'm just sitting here waiting and waiting!! :(

I e-mailed them last week and I was told they are hoping to notify students March 16th (which is this Friday).

I also asked if we would be notified by e-mail or mail and was told they are hoping to do it by e-mail by the school has to okay it first (it was done by e-mail previous years, so it should be done by e-mail this year too).

Please let me know if any of you hear from UF in any form other than e-mail (cause i'm going out of the country on March 19th, Monday, and won't come back till early July) and if they decide to mail the letters out it would be nice to know so I can send someone to check the mail for me.

Thanks guys and I hope you guys get accepted to the schools you applied to! Goodluck! =)

P.S.- I know USF has sent notifications out by e-mail (got mine acceptance e-mail last week).

Anyone heard from Florida or know when we should expect to hear from them?

I e-mailed them last week and I was told they are hoping to notify students March 16th (which is this Friday).

I also asked if we would be notified by e-mail or mail and was told they are hoping to do it by e-mail by the school has to okay it first (it was done by e-mail previous years, so it should be done by e-mail this year too).

Please let me know if any of you hear from UF in any form other than e-mail (cause i'm going out of the country on March 19th, Monday, and won't come back till early July) and if they decide to mail the letters out it would be nice to know so I can send someone to check the mail for me.

Thanks guys and I hope you guys get accepted to the schools you applied to! Goodluck! =)

P.S.- I know USF has sent notifications out by e-mail (got mine acceptance e-mail last week).

OMG March 16th!!! I just got sooo nervous!!!! Thank you for sharing that information! I will post on this forum if I find out via postal service so that you will know! Good luck!!!

I applied to the postbac and I still haven't heard anything.

I also applied to UW for postbac. Apparently they won't let us know until really late! "Notification Period: May-June"

http://admit.washing...adlines#postbac

Argh! How are we supposed to deal with other schools with deadlines to make decisions in April??

I also applied to UW for postbac. Apparently they won't let us know until really late! "Notification Period: May-June"

Argh! How are we supposed to deal with other schools with deadlines to make decisions in April??

I would contact Gabrielle in the department. When I got into the post bacc program I found out in March/April. The program starts in June so it makes no sense that they wouldn't tell you until then. But I also never got the original "you're in" email and didn't find out I was accepted until the second "we really need to know" email. Email or call Gabby to ask if decisions have been made and if not when you can expect them.

Wow! I didn't see that! That IS really late... Fortunately for me it doesn't really matter since I've already been accepted to my first choice and I'm pretty sure I'll end up accepting their offer :)

I would contact Gabrielle in the department. When I got into the post bacc program I found out in March/April. The program starts in June so it makes no sense that they wouldn't tell you until then. But I also never got the original "you're in" email and didn't find out I was accepted until the second "we really need to know" email. Email or call Gabby to ask if decisions have been made and if not when you can expect them.

I've just emailed her. Will let you guys know what she says as soon as she gets back to me :)

US News World & Report posted its 2013 rankings today. While we all know these should be taken with a grain of salt, I thought it was interesting to see the changes.

Here's hoping this week brings good news!

US News World & Report posted its 2013 rankings today. While we all know these should be taken with a grain of salt, I thought it was interesting to see the changes.

But still a little gratifying to see the schools that rejected you drop a few spots ;)

Update on St. Xavier (I'm the one who said that my friend got an email).

Apparently she just got the email with login information (which I had gotten in Feb) so there was no admission decision...but that prompted her to call and ask about decisions, and they told her that decisions would go out this week! So if that's true, I guess that we can probably expect to hear from them late this week/early next week. I'm hoping so!! That is the last school that I feel that I really need to hear back from before I attempt to make my decision (I feel like I have already kind of decided against the other two that I haven't heard back from).

Here's hoping this week brings good news!

Thanks for letting us know!

Update on St. Xavier (I'm the one who said that my friend got an email).

Apparently she just got the email with login information (which I had gotten in Feb) so there was no admission decision...but that prompted her to call and ask about decisions, and they told her that decisions would go out this week! So if that's true, I guess that we can probably expect to hear from them late this week/early next week. I'm hoping so!! That is the last school that I feel that I really need to hear back from before I attempt to make my decision (I feel like I have already kind of decided against the other two that I haven't heard back from).

thanks for this! i want to know about SXU too. i'm already assuming that northwestern will be rejecting me, based on the non-invitation to their open house. lol. they send out letters by post, right? so it might be next week by the time we hear.

Edited by trina

thanks for this! i want to know about SXU too. i'm already assuming that northwestern will be rejecting me, based on the non-invitation to their open house. lol. they send out letters by post, right? so it might be next week by the time we hear.

I'm guessing that they will mail the decisions, since that seems to be what they have done in past years. Maybe they will update the CLAWS accounts too, though? I didn't see any mention of that on the results board, but we can hope! Good luck with SXU and Northwestern...Purdue and Rush are two really solid acceptances, though! Congrats!

Apparently Portland State is notifying people by the end of this week/ early next week! A friend of mine spoke to the director and found this out.

Do you know if they're sending out emails, or sending letters out in the mail?