SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I just accepted CU Boulder today!! I attended the open house on Friday and I am very excited about their program.

I can't wait to move to Colorado!!

Anyone on here interested in talking about sharing an apartment let me know :)

I just accepted CU Boulder today!! I attended the open house on Friday and I am very excited about their program.

I can't wait to move to Colorado!!

Anyone on here interested in talking about sharing an apartment let me know :)

Hi There! I'm at Boulder now and I HIGHLY recommend Family Housing! WE LOVE I HERE! Right next to campus - just walk or bike over the creek. Super affordable!!!! - best price in town with all utilities and internet. Newton Court is the best, but it is a little more expensive. + you can pay rent with a credit card and get miles. It is very international and lots of fun events and free food, BBQs etc. Only downfall is no furry friends allowed. Graduating in May and we are very sad to leave...thought about doing my PhD at CU just so we can stay in Family Housing :)

Hi There! I'm at Boulder now and I HIGHLY recommend Family Housing! WE LOVE I HERE! Right next to campus - just walk or bike over the creek. Super affordable!!!! - best price in town with all utilities and internet. Newton Court is the best, but it is a little more expensive. + you can pay rent with a credit card and get miles. It is very international and lots of fun events and free food, BBQs etc. Only downfall is no furry friends allowed. Graduating in May and we are very sad to leave...thought about doing my PhD at CU just so we can stay in Family Housing :)

schmetterling: Thanks for the information about family housing :-) I will definitely look into that. I have also been looking on craigslist for apartments, I will be moving to Boulder in May/June because I found a summer job, so I need an apartment asap and it seems like all the graduate apartments have long wait lists. I really hope that I am able to find something nice and affordable. Good luck with your future endeavors. Where are you going for your PhD?

How is it possible that I still haven't heard anything from 4 programs!!! I am so frustrated and just want to know already! Is anyone else in the same boat?

How is it possible that I still haven't heard anything from 4 programs!!! I am so frustrated and just want to know already! Is anyone else in the same boat?

I applied to four programs. I was waitlisted at 3/4 schools and I haven't heard anything from Northridge. I just found out yesterday about being rejected off the wait list for U of Maryland. So that leaves waiting on two schools about their waitlists and a first announcement from Northridge. I see the remaning schools you're waiting on are all from California. I don't know if it's typical for Cali schools to announce so late but it's horrible.

With that said, I am in the same boat as you. This waiting game is awful....not knowing when a decision will arrive, not being able to prepare and plan for a move....I hope those of us hanging will get good news next week after the 15th. Good luck to you!

Though I wouldn't wish this waiting game on anyone, it's comforting to know I'm not the only one! Whether I get an acceptance or all rejections I would just like to know so that I can start planning! These schools really need to get their act together... Fingers crossed we hear back soon!

Thanks and good luck to you as well!

I applied to four programs. I was waitlisted at 3/4 schools and I haven't heard anything from Northridge. I just found out yesterday about being rejected off the wait list for U of Maryland. So that leaves waiting on two schools about their waitlists and a first announcement from Northridge. I see the remaning schools you're waiting on are all from California. I don't know if it's typical for Cali schools to announce so late but it's horrible.

With that said, I am in the same boat as you. This waiting game is awful....not knowing when a decision will arrive, not being able to prepare and plan for a move....I hope those of us hanging will get good news next week after the 15th. Good luck to you!

I have also been looking on craigslist for apartments, I will be moving to Boulder in May/June because I found a summer job, so I need an apartment asap and it seems like all the graduate apartments have long wait lists. I really hope that I am able to find something nice and affordable.

I missed your earlier post, but I'm definitely going to Boulder too! The open house was great, I couldn't believe how friendly and awesome all the faculty and current students were, and the campus was way more beautiful than I expected. Congrats on getting a summer job and good luck with your housing search! I posted a bunch of websites for property management companies in this thread if you want to take a look:

I am. It's Thursday evening and still not a peep from SJSU and CSUN. Got a deposit due on Sunday for SDSU. Really???

I missed your earlier post, but I'm definitely going to Boulder too! The open house was great, I couldn't believe how friendly and awesome all the faculty and current students were, and the campus was way more beautiful than I expected. Congrats on getting a summer job and good luck with your housing search! I posted a bunch of websites for property management companies in this thread if you want to take a look:

Hey There. The graduate/family housing waitlist is really not that long....don't let the application process scare you. You are almost guaranteed to get a place here if you tell them you are OK with a May move in vs. August. They have a ton of availability in May. We will probably be leaving our place in June :)

Turned down Touro (although their deadline passed a while ago...oops) and Georgia State University today. I have already been removed from Northern Colorado 's wait list and will remove myself from Redlands's tomorrow. Still waiting to hear from St. Johns and UVA (and NOVA but I don't expect to hear from them anytime soon). Hopefully my actions will help people on the wait list. If anyone else is going to Northeastern or knows anything about apartments in the area (I really want to live w/in walking distance if possible) please PM me.

Is anyone going to Ohio State? I went here for my undergrad, so message me if you have any questions. Or if you don't have any questions, I just want to meet you! :)

ME! HI! I'm going to PM you.

For those of us that are waiting, it seems like a lot of the schools are letting out acceptance notifications first and giving them until the April 15th deadline for their response, and THEN they contact the rest of the applicants once more spaces open up. While this is pretty convenient for them, it's pretty terrible for us that are still waiting for SOME kind of response. This is what waitlists are for. <_< UMass Amherst is doing this and CSU Fullerton as well (spoke with both of them today).

Edited by leesta

For those of us that are waiting, it seems like a lot of the schools are letting out acceptance notifications first and giving them until the April 15th deadline for their response, and THEN they contact the rest of the applicants once more spaces open up. While this is pretty convenient for them, it's pretty terrible for us that are still waiting for SOME kind of response. This is what waitlists are for. <_< UMass Amherst is doing this and CSU Fullerton as well (spoke with both of them today).

Hi leesta,

Are you going to accept at UW? I am on their wait list and they are my first choice. I am really hoping to hear something next week....

Hi leesta,

Are you going to accept at UW? I am on their wait list and they are my first choice. I am really hoping to hear something next week....

Just accepted :) I hope you get off the waitlist!

Got rejected from UVA today and while it would have been nice (psychologically speaking) to only have one rejection I'm not super bothered by it. I have a feeling that UVA is one of those schools who don't officially wait list people but that those of us who are hearing now were basically wait listed. Either that, or they are super disorganized and didn't make decisions until the day before the deadline to tell other schools. Eight down, two to go and a decision already made - life is pretty good.

I have accepted an offer at a school that I am very excited to attend. However, I am on a waitlist for a school that is much cheaper and closer to my parents house. I was wondering if anyone knew how it would work if I get accepted off the waitlist and need to (am I able to?) decline the school I accepted first?

Any information would be a great help!

How is everyone paying for their programs (especially for those that are attending the pricier schools)? Parents? Savings? Loans? Their first child?

Loans :unsure: I was awarded an assistantship which greatly reduces the tuition at the university I'm attending, but I'll still have to take out loans to cover everything (it's a private university). Honestly though, it's worth it to me because I feel like the school is a perfect fit, much more so than any other school I applied to. I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that I'll be in debt for a long while (considering the fact that my undergrad was ALSO a private college, although generous with scholarships. Sigh).