SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

So to everyone that has been going on department visits after receiving acceptance... Have you still been dressing 'professionally' as if in an interview situation? Or is business casual/dressy casual OK to wear? Thanks!

So to everyone that has been going on department visits after receiving acceptance... Have you still been dressing 'professionally' as if in an interview situation? Or is business casual/dressy casual OK to wear? Thanks!

Since we did clinic tours I just dressed "clinic appropriate", which is basically business/dressy casual. I wore a cardigan and gray slacks, and the other girls were dressed similarly.

Thank you very much for that information, I really do appreciate it!

I do think I want to come back to MT to work after grad school and I was thinking that going to UM would help, but it looks like the new program's reputation wouldn't really benefit me much at this point in time. I know the department has been making some huge changes and is really working hard, but the more I think about it, the less I want to risk it. The need for SLPs in our state is so great I'm sure I could find a job easily even if I went out of state.

I suppose this moves Oregon, Western Washington, and Redlands up my list...

PS I saw that you've applied to Oregon as well, you should check your online application to the main grad school, it appears they've posted decisions there although there hasn't been an official letter/email yet!

Thanks for the info! I checked the site like you said, and it was good news! :)

Since we did clinic tours I just dressed "clinic appropriate", which is basically business/dressy casual. I wore a cardigan and gray slacks, and the other girls were dressed similarly.

Same here. In fact, I wore essentially that same outfit.

Hi, I did turn in my FAFSA since the recommended date to do that was I think in February. However, no schools have let me know any financial aid information and it is highly unlikely that they will. My sister began her M.S. last year and it wasn't until the summer that her financial aid information arrived from her school.

Has anyone turned in FAFSA? Will schools let us know if it makes us eligible for any financial aid before April 15th?

Finally heard from my last school, now just figuring out how broke I would like to be!

Got my acceptance letter from Syracuse University just now. After many hopes, prayers, and hard work, I finally got in somewhere. I'm still waiting for several other schools but I'm very relieved and happy that I got in, as it is my top choice school

Edited by gradstudent84

Hi, I did turn in my FAFSA since the recommended date to do that was I think in February. However, no schools have let me know any financial aid information and it is highly unlikely that they will. My sister began her M.S. last year and it wasn't until the summer that her financial aid information arrived from her school.

Yeah, I called some programs to ask and that stuff comes in during the summer.

I did my FAFSA in January.

Have been accepted but still deciding. Are you just curious about how many people have decided yet or are you going? I visited but I still feel like I don't know the program well enough to decide. Anyone have opinions on why or why not they are deciding to go to Rush? I could really use the input.

sooo... who is going to rush?

Got my acceptance letter from Syracuse University just now. After many hopes, prayers, and hard work, I finally got in somewhere. I'm still waiting for several other schools but I'm very relieved and happy that I got in, as it is my top choice school

Congrats! I received mine on Saturday. Are you going to the open house? I'm so excited!

Has anyone turned in FAFSA? Will schools let us know if it makes us eligible for any financial aid before April 15th?

Finally heard from my last school, now just figuring out how broke I would like to be!

Yah I finished mine in February, and have only heard financial information from one school. I think in most programs they are only going to offer loans and maybe work study depending on the school. Most programs I've come across base scholarships off of merit or a separate need-based application.

Just curious if anyone had tried calling Texas State again today? I tried several times last week but didn't reach a human.

I just got off the phone with Texas State and it appears that they have already mailed out 30 acceptance letters. If there are still slots available they will send out more letters, otherwise, the rejection letters will be mailed out.

I just got off the phone with Texas State and it appears that they have already mailed out 30 acceptance letters. If there are still slots available they will send out more letters, otherwise, the rejection letters will be mailed out.

Did they say what date they mailed them out on?

So does this mean if we are rejected we won't be getting a letter until after April 15th?

Did they say what date they mailed them out on?

So does this mean if we are rejected we won't be getting a letter until after April 15th?

I am not sure what date they mailed them on--i forgot to ask and i know i should have.

What is April 15th?

Still waiting hopefully for a reply from NYU, but I'm seriously leaning toward BU right now. Anyone else thinking that may be where they end up?

I am looking very seriously at BU too, I just don't know! My top two are BU and MGH and I'm going to visit them next weekend. Where you a communications disorders undergrad? I wasn't so I feel like I don't have as much as an idea of what I need to be looking into or asking about. Do you have any idea what type of SLP or environment you want to work in?

I am not sure what date they mailed them on--i forgot to ask and i know i should have.

What is April 15th?

April 15th is the date that most programs give you to decide if you are going to accept or decline their offers. Usually, people on the waitlists will hear after this date passes, so the school knows how many openings will be available from those that intially declined.

I wish they would just let us know over the phone!