SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

leesta, I applied to Chapman and had an interview today (fingers crossed it went well!). I won't say too much considering this is a public forum and you never know who's reading, but let's just say I had a slightly similar experience... did you try emailing the program chair, Dr. Montgomery? Her email is on the Chapman website. She seems to be very helpful, maybe if you explain the situation she can help get things straightened out?

I just agreed to a skype interview with Chapman! I'm nervous! How long was your interview?

I applied to NY Medical College and LIU Brooklyn but I haven't heard a thing yet. I did send my app in very close to LIU deadline and NY Med deadline is not till March 1..although I know they start interviewing before that. Not sure what to think...

Hey guys! Has anyone heard from the following schools yet? - University of Washington,New York Medical College, Vanderbilt, NYU, LIU, BU,CUNY Hunter, or CUNY Brooklyn. I cannot stand the wait anymore!

I only applied to NYU out of that list, but haven't heard anything. I'm dying! I just keep trying to convince myself that the longer I have to wait, the better chances I have at getting in! I got 2 rejections very early on, so I'm hoping that if I don't hear anything for a while it's going to be good news haha... just think of it that way!!!!

I only applied to NYU out of that list, but haven't heard anything. I'm dying! I just keep trying to convince myself that the longer I have to wait, the better chances I have at getting in! I got 2 rejections very early on, so I'm hoping that if I don't hear anything for a while it's going to be good news haha... just think of it that way!!!!

I've been thinking the same is exact way! The "no news is good news" as of now lol. I did speak to LIU and they received over 400 applicants this year, I definately think applicant numbers went up from last year and that alone is scary!

I just agreed to a skype interview with Chapman! I'm nervous! How long was your interview?

congrats! my interview was maybe about 30 minutes? it was very friendly and informal, so assuming yours is similar, you shouldn't have too much to worry about. when is the interview? hope it goes well! :)

Hey guys! Has anyone heard from the following schools yet? - University of Washington,New York Medical College, Vanderbilt, NYU, LIU, BU,CUNY Hunter, or CUNY Brooklyn. I cannot stand the wait anymore!

I applied to U of W. It says 4 weeks from submission date which means starting the 29th we should be receiving responses! I have a countdown app on my iPhone :wacko:

Did anyone here happen to attend the interview sessions at Pacific this past weekend? Im interested to hear what everyone's impressions of the program were. I live in the Portland area, and am completing my post-bac work at Portland State, but ultimately ended up not applying to the Pacific program since this is the first year they have offered both the AuD and MA SLP curriculum and I'm worried that there will be too many 'first year kinks' to sort out that will affect the quality of the education. In talking to a friend who attended, it sounds like they plan on doing all required clincial practicum off-site, which sounds like a good way to gain lots of real-world expereince, but also seems like it would ultimately reduce the amount of one-on-one time between faculty and students. Their facilities are really nice though, and they have a reputation for offering solid medical professional training, so I hope everyone who ended up going had a positive experience!

Also good luck to everyone who applied to the Portland State program. I heard they also received over 350 applications this year. They did increase the size of their incoming class from 30 to 50 last year, so there's that. I can definitely attest to the quality of the professors there. There are lots of younger, really bright folks of faculty who are really working hard to make a name for themselves in the speech language community and are eager to tutor students. Just something to be aware of, the facilities at PSU are somewhat lacking (not tons of funding), and the department is located in a basement, so hopefully you wont mind spending two years underground! I do know that they are bringing on a couple of additional faculty members for next year, so hopefully that trend continues!

Edited by agregory

I applied to U of W. It says 4 weeks from submission date which means starting the 29th we should be receiving responses! I have a countdown app on my iPhone :wacko:

I submitted mine Jan 25th, I'm so nervous it is my top choice, I applied to the MEDSLP Program!! I went and visited the school in early January and loved it. By the way, did you get an email from the about a survey of your application process experience?? I did and my stomach dropped only to open it up and find out it was a survey!!!

I submitted mine Jan 25th, I'm so nervous it is my top choice, I applied to the MEDSLP Program!! I went and visited the school in early January and loved it. By the way, did you get an email from the about a survey of your application process experience?? I did and my stomach dropped only to open it up and find out it was a survey!!!

Omg that email terrified me! I was so disappointed when I realized it was just a survey though. UW is in the top 2 on my list too (tied with Vanderbilt, though lately I've been favoring UW a bit I think). I also applied to the Med-SLP program. I hope we both get in! Though I don't know how I'd afford it without some funding, haha.

Omg that email terrified me! I was so disappointed when I realized it was just a survey though. UW is in the top 2 on my list too (tied with Vanderbilt, though lately I've been favoring UW a bit I think). I also applied to the Med-SLP program. I hope we both get in! Though I don't know how I'd afford it without some funding, haha.

UW and NYMC are my top 2 choices, it would be a dream come true to get in, good luck to you!! Maybe we will meet in the Fall if all goes well lol!!!

Hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a while and finally need to jump in. I'm going nuts! I saw on the results survey that University of Wisconsin-Madison letters went out to some already, and then they seem to have stopped. What does this mean for me? I've not gotten anything yet...and I'm getting nervous. It's my first choice school. I'm also going nuts because I went to have an informal interview at Ithaca College about 3 weeks ago and the chair of the department said I should be hearing in a few days...it's been a lot longer than that ;) He said my app had already been around to each member of the admissions committee and would be on his desk that Monday. Can anyone offer any insight? Thanks!

Has anyone else heard back from NYU yet? Do they accept people without doing interviews?

As far as I know not one person I know has heard from NYU and I haven't seen any posts about it either. Patiently waiting- not so much anymore,especially since NYU was the first app due Jan 6th... :(

Hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a while and finally need to jump in. I'm going nuts! I saw on the results survey that University of Wisconsin-Madison letters went out to some already, and then they seem to have stopped. What does this mean for me? I've not gotten anything yet...and I'm getting nervous. It's my first choice school. I'm also going nuts because I went to have an informal interview at Ithaca College about 3 weeks ago and the chair of the department said I should be hearing in a few days...it's been a lot longer than that ;) He said my app had already been around to each member of the admissions committee and would be on his desk that Monday. Can anyone offer any insight? Thanks!

Yeah, Madison sent out e-mails to a few people I know of the first week in Feb, then a week later some people received letters.

One of my professors said 2 weeks ago we were going to receive letters THAT week, and I have yet to get anything. I've been going crazy and e-mailed the graduate secretary...no reply yet. Ugh!

I applied to the MEDSLP program too...and freaked out when I got the survey e-mail too! I HOPE WE FIND OUT SOON!!! It's my top choice!

Yeah, Madison sent out e-mails to a few people I know of the first week in Feb, then a week later some people received letters.

One of my professors said 2 weeks ago we were going to receive letters THAT week, and I have yet to get anything. I've been going crazy and e-mailed the graduate secretary...no reply yet. Ugh!

So do you think it's bad/good/indifferent (lets face it, nothing is indifferent when dealing with getting into grad school) that we haven't heard yet? Let me know as soon as you hear something!

I applied to the MEDSLP program too...and freaked out when I got the survey e-mail too! I HOPE WE FIND OUT SOON!!! It's my top choice!

I totally understand how you feel,the stress is killing me. I just want to get in somewhere and then worry about my top choice, even though I'll still worry about my top choice! lol

So do you think it's bad/good/indifferent (lets face it, nothing is indifferent when dealing with getting into grad school) that we haven't heard yet? Let me know as soon as you hear something!

I personally don't think it's the best of signs that we haven't heard yet, but who knows. I'm just confused as to why they would send out letters/e-mails, regardless of status, at different times.

But yes, I'll keep you updated and good luck!!

I personally don't think it's the best of signs that we haven't heard yet, but who knows. I'm just confused as to why they would send out letters/e-mails, regardless of status, at different times.

I'm trying to stay positive :) Thank you! You too!

I agree. I would understand if the decisions on the results survey were all admits (to court the all stars) or all rejections, but the fact that it was a mixed bag made it more confusing. Hopefully we'll be put out of our misery soon!

I got into NYU! I was in the car with my boyfriend and randomly checked my email on my phone. Like some of you, I was expecting an interview process, so the first words out of my mouth were "Wait, what?"

This is phenomenal - it's a bit pricey and only my first acceptance, but it means the world to know that I AM GOING TO BE AN SLP for sure!!! This will help me be less nervous for my Tennessee interview.

lizmeyers, my status did not change on the web site. It still just says my application is submitted.

I got into NYU! I was in the car with my boyfriend and randomly checked my email on my phone. Like some of you, I was expecting an interview process, so the first words out of my mouth were "Wait, what?"

This is phenomenal - it's a bit pricey and only my first acceptance, but it means the world to know that I AM GOING TO BE AN SLP for sure!!! This will help me be less nervous for my Tennessee interview.

lizmeyers, my status did not change on the web site. It still just says my application is submitted.

Thanks for responding and congrats to you!

Another question to the people who got into NYU: did you apply to the two year program or the re-entry program? I applied to the re-entry program and am just curious. Thanks! Sorry for all the questions. I just recently found out I have to be in NYC for another year as my husband got a clerkship there. Now I may not be able to go to grad school if I don't get into NYU (I'm kind of counting on not getting into Columbia).