SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Does anyone know if MGH was calling everyone today? I am just wondering if I should give up hope or maybe be hopeful for a phone call tomorrow?

@jbw2815 I haven't heard anything either. Hoping they still have some more people on the "in" list!

Me too! I have a friend who got a call today at 1:40 and she has an S last name and I am a W so for about an hour or so I was like OK yes any time now they're going to call me aaaaaaand nothing. haha Since there are only about 4 or 5 acceptances on the results page I am crossing my fingers that they are going to call more people tomorrow and they are doing it in random order! Crossing fingers and toes....

Someone call MGH and ask.....NOT IT! :ph34r:

Ugh, not it, either! I hate making those types of calls. I feel like they're going to want to dump my application in the rejection pile because I'm clearly too impatient!

That being said, it is driving me crazy that some people have heard from MGH today, and my phone has been depressingly quiet...

(Maybe I am too impatient :blink: )

Ugh, not it, either! I hate making those types of calls. I feel like they're going to want to dump my application in the rejection pile because I'm clearly too impatient!

That being said, it is driving me crazy that some people have heard from MGH today, and my phone has been depressingly quiet...

(Maybe I am too impatient :blink: )

I know I am in the same boat. I am so impatient when it comes to hearing back from schools, but I can never bring myself to call for the exact same reason haha. They probably wouldn't tell us anything anyway. They're always so secretive!

I know I am in the same boat. I am so impatient when it comes to hearing back from schools, but I can never bring myself to call for the exact same reason haha. They probably wouldn't tell us anything anyway. They're always so secretive!

Haha, probably not! Guess we both just have to wait...ugh! Hope we both hear good news soon :-)

Haha, probably not! Guess we both just have to wait...ugh! Hope we both hear good news soon :-)

Pact that as soon as we hear something we'll post to put the other two out of their misery?

First acceptance phone call from MGH this morning!! Being all the way in Portland. OR, I doubt I'll be able to make it to their open house at the end of the month. Anyone on here from the Boston area or have any experience with the program/facilities/faculty? I'd be really interested in hearing your thoughts on both the city and the school. When I spoke with the program head he said they were making calls over the course of a couple of days, so don't lose heart guys.

First acceptance phone call from MGH this morning!! Being all the way in Portland. OR, I doubt I'll be able to make it to their open house at the end of the month. Anyone on here from the Boston area or have any experience with the program/facilities/faculty? I'd be really interested in hearing your thoughts on both the city and the school. When I spoke with the program head he said they were making calls over the course of a couple of days, so don't lose heart guys.

MGH's class size is so big, I'd be really surprised if they can call that many people in one day. I wouldn't lose hope if you haven't heard from them yet

Thanks guys! Love the optimism - and congratulations, agregory!

Anyone ever heard of a personal interview writing prompt? I got emailed a list of questions and told that I must answer them and submit it by 5 pm. I just found this email and its almost five...yikes! I just had my face to face interview with this school yesterday. The questions are specific about the field. I am so confused! Do they just want a writing sample? Anyone else heard of this?

Just saw that someone was accepted to Pacific University today by phone. Now I'm feeling the anxiety! The days feel like they're getting longer and longer, but I'm not sure that I want to hear back if its a rejection!

Just saw that someone was accepted to Pacific University today by phone. Now I'm feeling the anxiety! The days feel like they're getting longer and longer, but I'm not sure that I want to hear back if its a rejection!

I saw this too, and it definitely set the butterflies going. I was under the impression they would be contacting by email (which is why I've been checking my email every 5 minutes for the last week!).

A question for anyone who interviewed at Pacific...do you know if they will only be contacting the 35 accepted applicants to start, or will they contact everyone who interviewed to let them know if they were rejected/waitlisted? I remember at my interview, they made it sound like everyone who had made it to the interview stage was technically "on the waitlist," so I'm wondering if they just contact those who were accepted at first, then start with the uglier news later.

Thanks for the encouragement...keeping the hope alive! :-) Congratulations!

I was the one that got accepted to Pacific University! My roommate and one other girl in my major did too. So they are definitely doing the calls today and tomorrow. But I'm sure some people won't accept the offer...they sounded like they expected a lot of people to say no and go through a big waitlist. But good luck! :)

People accepted to UVA... congrats! Did you get an email beforehand telling you to check the website? And which website was the decision on- the actual application page or the portal page? Thanks!