SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I got the same email yesterday. Every time I called USF I got the impression that they were a bit frazzled haha it is a crazy time of year... so I don't think that it means anything other than your application is finally complete and being reviewed. aka... MORE WAITING. ahhhhhh.

Thanks for replying! Yea, ugh waiting!!! Haha - crossing my fingers for this week or next...but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

Was it sent to your permanent address or your current address? I should have put the same address in both spots... I know my application was complete, and I am crossing my fingers that the delay is just because I applied to STEPS.

My permanent and current addresses are the same, so I'm not sure... Maybe slp90 can answer that for you.

I also applied to the STEPS program and I got my letter on Tuesday, so I don't think that's why you haven't heard anything yet. Don't worry too much about it though, people are still hearing back from IU so I'm sure both you and remmy will hear back early next week -- hopefully with some good news!

Does anyone have any inside info on Vanderbilt and when we will hear from them? I know they said letters would be going out March 12th, but I wonder if we could possibly hear any sooner than that....

Last year they sent out acceptances earlier than they said they were going to (by a little less than a week). I'm not getting my hopes up because I know they have a new admissions chair this year so they might have had more kinks to work out. Basically if I get something this week, I'll be thrilled, but I'm not expecting anything until next week...

These next two weeks should be big ones though, I'm thrilled at the idea of actually hearing from more schools!

I went home for the weekend and came back to a letter from Madison... sadly a no-go from them. Bummed because they were one of my top choices, but still thankful to be into another school. I'm sure you'll hear from them tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully it's better news than I got!

Oh bummer! I'm sorry. I hope that I do and that it is! Thanks :)

I do!!! If we don't hear from UWashington tomorrow I might freak out just a bit...

Haha, I am going to get an ulcer from this whole process! I'm sooo stressed out :( , my friends and family think I'm crazy!!!

Haha, I am going to get an ulcer from this whole process! I'm sooo stressed out :( , my friends and family think I'm crazy!!!

My mom told me today that she hopes I hear from my schools so she won't have to listen to me whine about it anymore, haha. I told her that's probably just the beginning, I feel like picking which school I want to go to will be a whole other battle :P

My mom told me today that she hopes I hear from my schools so she won't have to listen to me whine about it anymore, haha. I told her that's probably just the beginning, I feel like picking which school I want to go to will be a whole other battle :P

At least you have schools to pick from! I'm just praying for an acceptance, a waitlist is even looking better then a reject right about now!!

I am just holding out hope for Columbia! But I don't know...I really doubt I'm going to get it. So frustrating! If I don't get into Columbia there is a big chance my husband and I will have to live in different states for two years. :( COME ON COLUMBIA!

I am just holding out hope for Columbia! But I don't know...I really doubt I'm going to get it. So frustrating! If I don't get into Columbia there is a big chance my husband and I will have to live in different states for two years. :( COME ON COLUMBIA!

Thats stinks!! From what I hear those 2 years go fast and you know what they say "distance makes the heart grow fonder," lol. Don't give up hope yet, come on Columbia!!

I know it doesn't make the situation sound any better, but my boyfriend and I will be doing long-distance for the two years and all three of my bosses (who are SLPs) did long distance during grad school as well (one was with her then boyfriend, now husband, one was engaged, the other was married). It sucks but it can definitely be done. Hang in there!

At least you have schools to pick from! I'm just praying for an acceptance, a waitlist is even looking better then a reject right about now!!

Right!!! I'm just hoping for a yes to any school!! I have two interviews which is a start but it's not an acceptance. I just want one acceptance ...that's all...just one! Is that too much to ask for ?!!

Any idea when we will be hearing from Columbia? For having such an early deadline you think we would be hearing back soon! Then again, they do get about 600-700 applicants a year :-(

I know it doesn't make the situation sound any better, but my boyfriend and I will be doing long-distance for the two years and all three of my bosses (who are SLPs) did long distance during grad school as well (one was with her then boyfriend, now husband, one was engaged, the other was married). It sucks but it can definitely be done. Hang in there!

This makes me feel so much better! This is what I'll have to do... seems so stressful to me right now!

Worrying about this as well... sigh :(

Worrying about this as well... sigh :(

Well, since there are more of us in this boat than I though, I'll share a bit of a (long) conversation I had with the bosses mentioned above about this...

They said it was actually kind of a good thing (though it might not have felt like it at times) because it was one less distraction and person they had to devote lots of time to. That sounds bad, but they said that they've never been more busy than they were for the 2 years of grad school and that being apart was actually for the best because they really didn't have time to give to a relationship constantly and being apart meat they didn't have to feel bad about sort of neglecting their SOs. They all said that the time flew by extremely quickly because they were so busy and it made their relationships stronger and had some of their best memories from when their SOs would visit because the visits were more rare and felt more special. Also, one of my friends is in a SLP grad program right now and she said she wishes she and her boyfriend were long-distance because they distract each other too often :P

So I'm trying to look at it through a positive perspective. I feel like if all three of them feel that way it must be somewhat true. Granted, there will be times when it'll be really hard, but it won't be the end of the world (or hopefully of any relationships!).

Any idea when we will be hearing from Columbia? For having such an early deadline you think we would be hearing back soon! Then again, they do get about 600-700 applicants a year :-(

They really get that many?! Yikes, I'm hoping they're not one of the schools that waits til late March/ early April to reply.. I just want to know already!! Anyone have any insight into Columbia?

Hahaha my parents keep saying the same thing. I'm sure they can't wait until spring break is over and I head back to school! I hope I have at least 2 to choose from!

I do!!! If we don't hear from UWashington tomorrow I might freak out just a bit...

Completely agree! Also waiting to hear from Memphis...I saw someone got a letter from them on Friday! I hope this is a big day for us!