SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

And the waiting continues.... lol

Yeah, it's killing me. I wish I could just relax and stop caring so much, but I just can't stand being stuck in this in-between state. I just really want to be able to plan and have an idea of what the next two years of my life are going to look like...

Yeah, it's killing me. I wish I could just relax and stop caring so much, but I just can't stand being stuck in this in-between state. I just really want to be able to plan and have an idea of what the next two years of my life are going to look like...

I would like to know the same exact thing...

I'm the same way...I need to get out of limbo and have a clearer picture of what exactly the next couple years of my life will look like. Literally laying in bed right now trying to convince myself that no matter how much I worry and refresh my inbox, it'll all be over in the next couple weeks. Not really calming me down as much as I'd hoped though <_<

I guess there's always tomorrow! Fingers crossed for good news for everyone!

Edited by SLP007

Thanks for passing on the information! I'm crossing my fingers for you and all the rest of us that applied.

It was good news!! You were right not to worry--thank you :D The letter (dated Feb 23 and postmarked Feb 29) arrived today at my current (not permanent) address and I am ecstatic. The STEPS program looks great and the funding makes it easier to stomach the debt, which is a big concern for me as an older student. I'm going to wait to hear back from other schools and to get some questions answered about STEPS before I commit, but this is definitely high on my list.

To those who felt that they wouldn't get in anywhere, I hope it means something when I tell you that I felt the same way (my stats might look good, but I have zero background in the field)--I was even having a hard time sleeping. If I got in, you will, too, so I'm going to stay tuned to this forum to hear the news of your acceptances.

That's great news!!! I'm really happy for you, mammalian :)

Today I got an acceptance in the mail from University of Memphis. Is anyone else planning to go to the open house?

Good luck to you all this week!!!

I got my acceptance letter yesterday too! I'm planning to go to the open house...looking for plane tickets and hotels today.

How do we know that Northwestern will not release decisions until mid-March? On the status page it says decisions will be made late-Feb to early March. You guys all seem to have inside info! I appreciate your sharing it with me!

What about Northeastern? Does anyone know when we will hear from them? I know the application was due really late and I don't expect to hear from them until next week at the earliest but does anyone have any more information about when we may hear?

How do we know that Northwestern will not release decisions until mid-March? On the status page it says decisions will be made late-Feb to early March. You guys all seem to have inside info! I appreciate your sharing it with me!

They said mid-March at the open house.

Couldn't stand it, called a couple of those oh-so-elusive CSUs today.

• SFSU: "within a couple of weeks"
  • CSUN: "end of March, early April"
  • CSULA: will go out by mail starting mid-April
  • SDSU: "within a week," bless your soul!!

Couldn't reach CSUF, I'll try again later.

Thanks so much for sharing this information, leesta! Can't wait to hear from SDSU! :)

OK, so yesterday I had a horrible realization and I thought I'd share it with everyone in here since it barely let me get any sleep last night.

I know that probably most of you knew about this already, but I always thought that after attending any school for a year we could establish residency the second year and then pay in-state tuition. Then yesterday I found out that MANY schools have a policy by which if you start out as an out-of-state resident, you are stuck with that residency for the entirety of your program :mellow: There are some schools that are more lenient but still the process of changing from out-of-state to in-state seems to be really complicated, with many schools threatening to expel you if you apply for in-state residency when the main purpose of you being in the state is to attend their institution. How the heck am I going to pay for school? By the end of my program I'm going to have a mortgage worth of loans! :blink:

Does anyone know when we'll hear back from FAFSA? :(

Just got an email acceptance to University of South Florida! Not one of my top schools, but still any acceptance is exciting! Hope everyone else gets some good news today too!

I received an email from UConn saying they had made a decision on my application a few days back. I checked the application and it still said "complete" and "submitted" and there didn't appear to have been any change. I emailed grad admissions to inquire and was told (informally) that I was admitted. When I went to post my "acceptance" on the results, I noticed another poster had been admitted via the postal service. Perhaps something is in the mail for us? :) I am from SF CA but visited CT and would love acceptance to both UConn and Southern CT state. Here's to hoping we will be classmates come fall!

Congrats on the acceptance! Unfortunately, I just got my waitlist email from them about 5 minutes ago. I know I should feel happy about at least being on the waitlist, but I was in the same boat last year. I was waitlisted by Uconn and about 2 months later, rejection. UGH. I have very little hope right now, but maybe a miracle will happen, and possibly be classmates :)

Congratulations! Did you get an e-mail?

Yep got an email saying I am being "referred for acceptance". I have a lot of friends who still haven't heard back from them though, and I just got mine about 30 mins ago, so I'm guessing I was somehow in the first wave to go out. Good luck!!

Yep got an email saying I am being "referred for acceptance". I have a lot of friends who still haven't heard back from them though, and I just got mine about 30 mins ago, so I'm guessing I was somehow in the first wave to go out. Good luck!!

Thanks so much for the info! Congrats :)

To add to your list, I called UMass Amherst yesterday and they said "will go out mid march" so hopefully there's news sooooooon.