Clinical and Counselling Psychology Canadian Masters Application Forum Fall 2024

On 2/2/2024 at 1:25 PM, Tryingmybest1 said:

Anyone have any updates? I know Western and McGill had their interview day today for clinical

Which program was this for McGill? My application for the PhD in clinical psych still says under review so Im confused how they already had their interview day but I haven't been rejected

Edited by NotsurewhatImdoing

56 minutes ago, NotsurewhatImdoing said:

Which program was this for McGill? My application for the PhD in clinical psych still says under review so Im confused how they already had their interview day but I haven't been rejected

This was the clinical program. My application is the same. They probably just didn’t update it 

2 hours ago, Ally2612 said:

Does anyone have any updates about SFU, UBC, TMU, or MUN? Haven't heard much about any of them but I am not sure if that is just me. Thanks :)

TMU has already given out their invites for their visiting day so sadly if u haven’t heard anything it’s a rejection at this point 

4 hours ago, DeerInTheLights said:

Got recommended for admission to OISE MA CCP on Tuesday! Absolutely dying for the official letter to come in

wow! Congratulations!! Are you comfortable sharing the PIs initials?

Hello! For anyone who has attended interview days either this cycle or previously, are there any tips you could provide for doing well? I know there's a lot of information online, but if a professor for example has 4 kids in their roster and they can only recommend one for admission, how do you stand out not just to them but also to all the faculty present that day? Thanks in advance :) 

1 hour ago, educationlover said:

Hello! For anyone who has attended interview days either this cycle or previously, are there any tips you could provide for doing well? I know there's a lot of information online, but if a professor for example has 4 kids in their roster and they can only recommend one for admission, how do you stand out not just to them but also to all the faculty present that day? Thanks in advance :) 

I suggest reading a few of their research articles and asking a good question or two about it, ideally getting into a natural academic conversation. This has worked for me in lab interviews in undergrad and for my interview with OISE. Also make sure to refresh yourself on your own research so that you can articulate well if asked about it. Keep in mind I have only done interviews where I was the only candidate present. Best of luck! 

2 hours ago, DeerInTheLights said:

I suggest reading a few of their research articles and asking a good question or two about it, ideally getting into a natural academic conversation. This has worked for me in lab interviews in undergrad and for my interview with OISE. Also make sure to refresh yourself on your own research so that you can articulate well if asked about it. Keep in mind I have only done interviews where I was the only candidate present. Best of luck! 

Thank you, and congrats on OISE! :)