Ohio State Graduate School Application

polinerd

I applied for the PhD in political science at Ohio State. My status says "Your application is currently in the process of being evaluated and prepared for an academic decision." What comes next? How long should it take for the status to change?

Go to the results search and enter "ohio state political science" or some permutation thereof. Look at when applicants got results in years past, and that's around the time you might expect to hear, provided that the university did not change its deadlines recently. It's not exact, but it will give you some idea.

I believe the Linguistics department at Ohio State has changed its deadline from Nov. 15th to January 15th in the past few years, so if the Pili Sci department did so as well, then the results search might be misleading.

Good luck.

I'm in History and my potential advisor told me that the Graduate Committee would be meeting in "7 to 10 days." Not quite sure exactly what that means as far as when decisions will ultimately go out though. The History Department started sending out initial acceptances on Feb. 5 in 2009 and Feb. 22 in 2010 (found by going through the Results database, as suggested above).