MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Another way to do it is to get to know someone in the program or have someone call someone who knows someone. I know it's sad but it's super competitive and you (and I) have to elbow our way in. Good luck!

I just got my rejection email from NYU earlier this week and am anxiously awaiting news from Columbia.

So far I have 3 rejections and I'm already planning what I can do better for next year's applications. Aside from maybe applying to easier schools, having more recent art work would top my list.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yale - rejected

Royal Academy (London) - rejected

NYU (Steinhardt) - rejected

Columbia - ?

Hunter - ?

SVA - ?

PennDesign - ?

U of Georgia - ?

SCAD - ?

Weird. I got that Pratt e-mail a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone else get the email from Pratt this morning? My heart stopped for a second-then I opened it... 'we received your application, letters mailed by april 1st.' What a tease!

Yes.. drawing/painting I think. I was so nervous and tongue tied, I don't think I could possibly have done worse. I'm not sure they're interviewing all at once, it seemed like timing was up to the person doing the interview.. I'll post if I hear anything else.

Thanks for all the information everyone and good luck!

Did you apply for Fine Arts?

Yes.. drawing/painting I think. I was so nervous and tongue tied, I don't think I could possibly have done worse. I'm not sure they're interviewing all at once, it seemed like timing was up to the person doing the interview.. I'll post if I hear anything else.

Thanks for all the information everyone and good luck!

Who did you interview with? edit - meaning which faculty member?

Edited by OffshoreTrust

No call for me yet either.

No phone call from SMFA yet. We're not alone though. I know a few other really strong candidates who haven't heard either... Maybe they're just taking longer than expected.

Hey CCA kids- I absolutely do not have a web advisor log in. It was not on any email, believe me I've checked. So, I'm wondering if your number is anything specific? social security, telephone, birth date?

Oh man! I might have to wait until Monday... that's tooooo long!

On the flip side, interview at RISD! Anyone taking the phone interview instead of flying there? Last minute flights from the midwest to Providence are ridiculous!

hey dunno if anyone replied to you so I'm going to now

The number was randomized, I was lost on where it was for a very long time. If you're awesome and have gmail searching for "cca id" will bring up your result, if you're unlucky and have an email account somewhere where search isn't as good, I'd look for an email from graduateprograms@cca.edu with a subject of "CCA Application Received" the email mainly talks about financial aid, but at the bottom it should say your name an an ID.

Now that you have your id, you have to login - your id is not your username. type in cca+id number, so your cca user name should be something like cca157235 (a 7 digit number). Your password will be your birthday in ddmmyyyy format, if that doesn't work try ddmmyy if you were born in a single digit month put a 0.

If you don't get it to work just call them tomorrow and they should be able to figure out why your stuff isn't working.

I wish they made this process easier and explained it to applicants. psh

I got the call at 5:30! Hi Fellow SMFA MFA student! Yay!

I got my call around 4:30. I was starting to get nervous since I thought my interview went really well, and I really love the program over there. I don't think I met anyone while I was there from this forum... which one were you (and everyone else)???

Hey guys, I've been creeping around for a bit and decided to join in the conversation. Here's my application info:

Studio/Visual Art

Washington University in St. Louis (accepted) and no news about financial aid, etc. yet

UC Davis (rejected)

UIC (rejected)

U. Chicago- nothing yet but I called them and they said they were going to mail out decisions on March 4 and early this next week too

UNC Chapel Hill- nothing but said they were trying to get all/most decisions mailed out by mid-March

Cornell- nothing but they also said they were trying to get decisions mailed out by mid-March

Purchase- nothing and no idea when they will decide

Design

UT Austin- rejected

I got an acceptance from Chicago back in early Feb...

I cannot wait to see the WashU financial aid packets! I was told they would be going out in the next couple days. Did you go to the open house? If so, what did you think?

On 3/6/2011 at 8:48 PM, artist said:

Hey guys, I've been creeping around for a bit and decided to join in the conversation. Here's my application info:

Studio/Visual Art

Washington University in St. Louis (accepted) and no news about financial aid, etc. yet

UC Davis (rejected)

UIC (rejected)

U. Chicago- nothing yet but I called them and they said they were going to mail out decisions on March 4 and early this next week too

UNC Chapel Hill- nothing but said they were trying to get all/most decisions mailed out by mid-March

Cornell- nothing but they also said they were trying to get decisions mailed out by mid-March

Purchase- nothing and no idea when they will decide

Design

UT Austin- rejected

I didn't end up going to the open house. I hope that doesn't affect anything. Did you end up going?

I got an acceptance from U. Chicago back in early Feb...

I cannot wait to see the Wash U financial aid packets! I was told they would be going out in the next couple days. Did you go to the open house? If so, what did you think?

People are starting to get acccept to programs, so I wonder about making decisions. I've been lucky enough to be accepted to two programs (WUSTL and SMFA), and I like them both and am a bit torn. I tried to start a new thread for this..."Comparative merits of....." Thanks, BertyRuss