MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Hey everyone!!! I was hoping everyone in the visual arts applying for MFA could have the opportuntiy to talk about their admission results as they roll in!!!!!! I know we should start hearing things in the next few weeks so GOOOD LUCK!!!!!! Let everyone know when you start getting information from your schools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have applied to 10 schools, to mainly sculpture and interdisciplinary programs. Here is my list:

MICA-Mount Royal and Rinehart

PennDesign

Rutgers

Northwestern

CU

Univ of Cincinnati

Univ of New Mexico

Univ of Oregon

Portland State University

Univ of Missouri

Again, GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Nice to find this "freak out forum". I'm applying to the following visual art programs:

mit

ucsd

calarts

carnegie mellon

saic

risd

nyu-itp

rensselaer polytechnic

rochester i.t

ucla

sva

sfai

columbia

I hope to get admitted into any of those programs, and checking last years mfa forum, the results arrive from february (SAIC) to April..... pfff...

I'm actually still finishing two apps. due Feb. 1.

My focus is painting and I'm applying to:

UCLA

UC Berkeley

SFAI

Claremont

CCA

Pratt

Yale

RISD

MICA - Hoffberger & Mount Royal

Parsons

VCU

SVA

Cornell

Tyler

Cranbrook

Univ. of Washington

I feel like it's a needle in a haystack out there...so I'm not getting my hopes up too high...

Good luck to everyone!

I like the single forum since so many schools don't segregate by discipline. I'll post any photo specific info in that forum. After last year I'm not getting my hopes up. Anyway, here's my list:

CalArts

Cornell

RISD

Rutgers

SAIC

SMFA

UCLA

USC

UT-Austin

Good hunting, everyone!

CONGRATS on your acceptance.... now you can breathe easy right all the rest is just icing on the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREEEEEEAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKK OUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT

UCLA

USC

UCD

UCSD

UCSB - Accepted via phone call (mail acceptance coming)

Yale

Columbia

RISD

Parsons

WOW 16 schools!!!! I went completely nuts spending night and day for months working on them and I only applied to 10... but after reading all the posts from last year I am feeling like I should send in a fe more apps to schools with late admissions deadlines!!!!

I'm actually still finishing two apps. due Feb. 1.

My focus is painting and I'm applying to:

UCLA

UC Berkeley

SFAI

Claremont

CCA

Pratt

Yale

RISD

MICA - Hoffberger & Mount Royal

Parsons

VCU

SVA

Cornell

Tyler

Cranbrook

Univ. of Washington

I feel like it's a needle in a haystack out there...so I'm not getting my hopes up too high...

Good luck to everyone!

I am so happy everyone is chiming in!!!! GOOD LUCK to all and congrats on the early acceptance notices!!!!! YAY!!! The waiting is absolutely killing me... I searched all my schools on the "results" tab with gradcafe and it was helpful to get a pretty good idea when most places would be sending out rejections, acceptances, and interviews. take a look!

WOW 16 schools!!!! I went completely nuts spending night and day for months working on them and I only applied to 10... but after reading all the posts from last year I am feeling like I should send in a fe more apps to schools with late admissions deadlines!!!!

Ten is a lot, so don't knock yourself! I originally wanted to keep my list to just ten, but I couldn't narrow it down. And then I kept getting the advice to apply to as many as you can, since it is so competitive. But, if you have the time...couldn't hurt. I was also going to apply to Syracuse U. since their deadline is also Feb. 1 (and everything is online), but it turns out they are a three year program, which I just can't do.

Somewhere in the sculpture neighborhood:

Wisconsin at Madison

Illinois at Chicago

North Carolina at Chapel Hill

New Mexico

San Jose State

Hopefully we'll all be able to make it through the next couple of months. Good luck to everyone.

Here's my list of ten:

SAIC

Tyler

U. of Delaware

Purchase

SVA

Rutgers

Hunter

UT Austin

PAFA

CCNY

Good Luck everyone!!!! Omg I am freaking out because someone said they already received an interview invite from Purchase like 3 weeks ago...and I haven't heard anything at all yet!! No rejection, no nothin!

It's hard to stay positive, yet at the same time not get my hopes up ya know?

wait, but the purchase deadline isn't until feb 1st--i'm applying there too. how could someone have an interview there already??

Here's my list of ten:

SAIC

Tyler

U. of Delaware

Purchase

SVA

Rutgers

Hunter

UT Austin

PAFA

CCNY

Good Luck everyone!!!! Omg I am freaking out because someone said they already received an interview invite from Purchase like 3 weeks ago...and I haven't heard anything at all yet!! No rejection, no nothin!

It's hard to stay positive, yet at the same time not get my hopes up ya know?

Well, everyone who gets chosen for an interview will interview on the same day...March 9. that's what it says on their website. But, yes someone already got notified that they were chosen for an interview. Not me though! But I haven't been rejected yet either! I'm assuming maybe they have had applications pouring in slowly over the past month or two. My best theory is that maybe every few weeks they get together and check out the ones they have already received.

PS I was stalking the forums from last year...and people had written down when they were rejected, accepted, etc. Some people had received decisions at different times for the same school and program, so there really is no telling. I'm trying not to obsess! Just gotta wait it out and see.

wait, but the purchase deadline isn't until feb 1st--i'm applying there too. how could someone have an interview there already??

I'm confused by all the people who are done applying already: is there any advantage to getting materials in weeks before the deadline? I still have 4 apps to finish for Feb 1st deadlines, and am totally not stressed about it, but now worried because everyone else seems done.

I'm freaking out as well. Here are schools I applied to:

1. Yale

2. RISD

3. SAIC (Painting & Printmedia)

4. MICA (Mount Royal & Hoffberger)

5. Hunter

6. UCSD

7. CCA

8. Cranbrook - I'm not even done with this application yet. Will send it by tomorrow.

My earliest deadline was Jan 5th (for Yale, which I completed Dec 31st) and the latest deadline was Jan 15th (SVA) but materials had to be mailed so I completed it and mailed it Jan 5th. Once the first was done the others were just a matter of making sure the portfolio was submitted in whatever requirements the different schools had, most of the information was the same for the rest of the applications.