MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

I received the same packet today. with the faculty bios right? Did you get any financial aid/award info? My letter didn't mention anything, just that I should check on my FAFSA.

got a massive envelope in the mail today.

I got offered a graduate assistantship for MFA sculpture. It covers tuition and comes with a stipend. I received notice via e-mail March 16th, and a paper copy came in the mail a few days later. Have you heard if you've been accepted yet? I know two other painting MFA applicants and they've heard nothing so far. Good luck!

PAFA- accepted

University of Washington (Seattle)- rejected

CSU- accepted

Temple- rejected

Indiana University- accepted

I was told that nearly all painting grads get an assistantship their second year..is the assistantship they offered covering your first year as well? I have been accepted, but haven't received a paper copy yet. Going to visit on Tuesday.

Oh really? I've been waiting and waiting for funding.. and nothing yet. hrmph! =/

I live not too far from San Francisco, so it could be the case that I received my letter before others do.

Best of luck!

DId you get an interview from Columbia at all?

I havent heard from them but am assuming rejection because no interview...

I havent heard from Columbia's MFA either.

It's really frustrating when you get all the results from all the other schools except Columbia

I applied to Stanford and still I haven't heard from them. Have you heard from them and if yes when? I see you crossed Stanford. Did you get a rejection letter?

Nothing yet! When I interviewed with them last year they called me on February 7 to notify me, so I'm starting to feel pessimistic. Though they could just be doing things differently this year :)

I don't think Columbia is holding interviews. I heard they're sending out the results on late March/ early April.

DId you get an interview from Columbia at all?

I havent heard from them but am assuming rejection because no interview...

Here are my stats:

UCSD: Reject

UCLA: Reject

MassArt: Accepted (no $$$ except assistantships)

UT Austin: Waitlist

RISD: Assumed reject

I wish Texas would accept me... otherwise, I'll probably just wait until next year.

Oh really? I've been waiting and waiting for funding.. and nothing yet. hrmph! =/

I live on the East coast and got my letter on Friday, so you should be getting yours any day now.

Well Grad Cafe.. I'm done waiting. I accepted my offer to attend VCU! Can't wait to hear who else is going there.

Pratt- waitlist

RISD- interviewed, still no word

CCA- accepted

VCU- accepted

I have to say to the kids out there that are feeling bad about not getting in this year.. there's still time! Keep making art and try again!

Good luck everyone!

Did you apply for painting?

Here are my stats:

UCSD: Reject

UCLA: Reject

MassArt: Accepted (no $$ except assistantships)

UT Austin: Waitlist

RISD: Assumed reject

I wish Texas would accept me... otherwise, I'll probably just wait until next year.

I am assuming it's April 15.. but I don't think that's right because someone on a wait list may not be notified until after April 15, when they know if there are extra spots or not. Also some schools have offered me an extension to the April 15 deadline to decide.. so yeah maybe there isn't any specific date?

Hey guys. Does anyone know whether there is a particular date that the schools are supposed to let applicants know their decisions by?

I am accepted to Columbia College Chicago with the Follett Graduate Merit Scholarship of 12,300 for each year. (36,600 total)

I will go only if I can be fully funded. Someone asked in this forum if it is possible to get in from the waitlist and still receive funding. I think it is possible. If I decline (very likely) then this scholarship will be freed up as well as my space so I assume the money will go to the first student on the waitlist.

I posted my thoughts on funding and the value of MFA in another topic in the Gradcafe (figuring out loans), that you might want to check out:

http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/19944-figuring-out-loans/page__gopid__232991#entry232991

I am assuming it's April 15.. but I don't think that's right because someone on a wait list may not be notified until after April 15, when they know if there are extra spots or not. Also some schools have offered me an extension to the April 15 deadline to decide.. so yeah maybe there isn't any specific date?

Hmm thanks. I guess I can only hope that I hear back from schools I haven't heard from yet soon...

What Program at VCU?

Well Grad Cafe.. I'm done waiting. I accepted my offer to attend VCU! Can't wait to hear who else is going there.

Pratt- waitlist

RISD- interviewed, still no word

CCA- accepted

VCU- accepted

I have to say to the kids out there that are feeling bad about not getting in this year.. there's still time! Keep making art and try again!

Good luck everyone!

Parsons is much better. And the teachers there are excellent.

SVA is too comercial in my opinion

New to the forum-

So far I've been accepted to Parson's and SVA's Fine Arts programs. Any thoughts on these programs from a painter's perspective?

New to the forum-

So far I've been accepted to Parson's and SVA's Fine Arts programs. Any thoughts on these programs from a painter's perspective?

It's going to depend on what you want out of a graduate program. Parson's is much more interdisciplinary and SVA would be focused on painting. (Not that it matters: SVA is ranked 15, Parsons 21 for fine arts and not even rated for painting.) I would recommend visiting both so you can compare. Also look at the teachers who are at each to see who you would prefer to work with.

Good luck and Congratulations!

updated list:

mica rinehart school of sculpture: accepted with 10k per semester merit scholarship

rutgers: accepted with taship that gives full tuition remission and 24k a year plus benefits.

uc irvine: accepted tuition and stipend for about 62k for 3 years

yale:interviewing tomorrow(fingers crossed)

USC: rejected

UCLA: rejected

VCU: rejected but offered a chance to apply to their summer program for free and without having to do any additional work for it (do they offer that to everyone?)

There are going to be some tough choices to be made here. and soon.