MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

congrats!!!!

now we have to worry about housing and stuff =/

Me too!! I thought they would be calling to notify, so when I didn't get a call I assumed the worst. Got the letter today... I nearly fainted.. JUST ECSTATIC!

Ummm, I just opened a letter from RISD, expecting it to be a rejection since I hadn't interviewed, but....I was ACCEPTED!!! My mind is blown right now.

Got into Cornell this morning.

full funding + 10k stipend + healthcare.

decisions decisions.

Did you get a call from the Director? I did to, but missed it. We've been playing phone tag all weekend. Hoping its an acceptance call.... anxious.

So, I called RISD this morning to see what was up with this letter and apparently they sent out a batch of false acceptances! Lol this would only ever happen (and I suppose the few other people who were included in this group).

Ummm, I just opened a letter from RISD, expecting it to be a rejection since I hadn't interviewed, but....I was ACCEPTED!!! My mind is blown right now.

So, I called RISD this morning to see what was up with this letter and apparently they sent out a batch of false acceptances! Lol this would only ever happen (and I suppose the few other people who were included in this group).

That's TERRIBLE! So you weren't accepted? How could they make such a mistake?

Can they even do that?? If they accept you formally in writing, I bet you can legally hold them to it.

I got my aid package last week - $8800 in "CCA gift" and then work study and $30k in loans. AHHHHH. I applied to 7 schools though and it's the only program I got into so I'll be going for painting/drawing.

Is that in line with the amount of aid other people have been offered?

I will be attending for the open studio weekend. I haven't received info about financial aid yet- it says in the acceptance letter that it will arrive shortly...here's to hoping it's helpful!

Well, the more I thought about it on Saturday night, the more skeptical I became for three reasons, the first being that I never interviewed. Another reason is that there was nothing in the envelope beside the letter (no form to mail in with my matriculation fee, etc). The other reason is that I realized the letter mentioned that my acceptance was contingent upon successful completion of my undergraduate degree. Having graduated a few years ago, I knew this did not apply to me. So, after the initial shock of the letter wore off, I had a feeling there had been a mistake, so it came as no surprise when I called them today.

However, I do feel bad for anyone who may have declined other offers of admission due to this mistake. I had the letter for 36 hours before I could contact anyone in admissions, so had I believed it, I very well could have responded to my other schools.

That's TERRIBLE! So you weren't accepted? How could they make such a mistake?

Wow what a bunch of BS!

Sorry that happened to you!

Well, the more I thought about it on Saturday night, the more skeptical I became for three reasons, the first being that I never interviewed. Another reason is that there was nothing in the envelope beside the letter (no form to mail in with my matriculation fee, etc). The other reason is that I realized the letter mentioned that my acceptance was contingent upon successful completion of my undergraduate degree. Having graduated a few years ago, I knew this did not apply to me. So, after the initial shock of the letter wore off, I had a feeling there had been a mistake, so it came as no surprise when I called them today.

However, I do feel bad for anyone who may have declined other offers of admission due to this mistake. I had the letter for 36 hours before I could contact anyone in admissions, so had I believed it, I very well could have responded to my other schools.

Does anyone have any experience of being waitlisted? If so, when do people usually hear back? I found out I was waitlisted at UNC Chapel Hill. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

artist----How did you find out you were waitlisted from UNC? did you contact the department. I've been debating on contacting them myself.

Yes I called them today.

You were notified and accepted to Cranbrook on the 2nd according to your stats?

received my MICA rejection via post in one of those plastic 'i'm sorry we mangled your letter' bags. icing on the cake :D

rejected from NYU. there's a story: i called NYU to check status because i'm going to the penndesign open house and i'll be up in the city for a couple of days beforehand. figured if i got in/got waitlisted it'd be cool to see the department. i was told that i never actually submitted an application. yeah. that sucks.

Anyone here get into UCLA's MFA program? If so have you received a financial aid package? At this time I've just heard "You will receive at least $15k in a TA position plus gift aid. I understand most of the granted fellowships are awarded from an application process, but I couldn't find that step anywhere on their site. Seems only second year students are eligible or are recommended? So confused. I really don't care to take out $40K in loans for one year.

I'm totally freaking out!!! WTF!

USC: rejected

UCLA: rejected

CalArts: rejected

Bard: rejected

Hunter: rejected

Yale: interviewed: wait listed

Royal College of Art: interviewed: no word yet

Columbia: interviewed: no word yet

Is it possible that out of all these schools, my top 3 choices show interest, yet I still may end up with nothing? I hear from the boards here that Columbia has already made the acceptance calls. Someone please show me the glimmer of hope in all this.

Can they even do that?? If they accept you formally in writing, I bet you can legally hold them to it.

I interviewed, and then received the letter on Saturday. And then this email about an hour ago. I have literally told everyone I know that I was accepted, including my job. I have never heard of this happening at any program, ever. Un. believable.

No!!!! It happened to you after an interview. I am so sorry! At least I had reason to doubt it's authenticity since I didn't interview, but if I had... I would be crushed

I interviewed, and then received the letter on Saturday. And then this email about an hour ago. I have literally told everyone I know that I was accepted, including my job. I have never heard of this happening at any program, ever. Un. believable.

I am unsure how graduate school programs handle situations like this, but I have heard of this happening when students apply for undergrad. I'm pretty sure the school's were held responsible and had to give the students who mistakenly received acceptance letters the choice of attending or not.

No!!!! It happened to you after an interview. I am so sorry! At least I had reason to doubt it's authenticity since I didn't interview, but if I had... I would be crushed