MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

I was told that the faculty were meeting yesterday, Friday, but I am not sure as to when we will actually here the results. From what I can piece together, we should here this coming week.

I also wonder how many people they call for how many are selected...hmmm.

Oh and they do not do interviews for painting. The phone call was a sort of interview, but just chitchat.

All the best luck to you too!

did they tell you today? i thought they said next week. though i was driving with two friends in my car when they called and may have misunderstood. have any idea if they do in person interviews for painting i haven't been able to figure that out? good luck!

Edited by lenore

I just got a rejection from UNM that says I was rejected from the Masters of art history??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF????????????? I didnt apply to art history????????????????? anyone else have this happen?

Whoa! Is there anybody you can contact on a Saturday?

I just got a rejection from UNM that says I was rejected from the Masters of art history??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF????????????? I didnt apply to art history????????????????? anyone else have this happen?

any word from VCU (painting/ print) or Cornell?

I've been in touch with the admissions office at Cornell because they lost some of my materials and they told me they haven't reviewed portfolios yet (at least not for sculpture).

So it might be a while.

man, I dont know what to do I hate to have to wait until Monday to know. I applied to 3 different concentrations there and I feel certain that since each program reviews separately they would probably send 3 letters. And even if I was rejected across the board I feel as though they would name all three programs and state that I was rejected from all of them. I really hope that my portfolio even got to the right people. I was in touch with them right before the deadline and they said that all of my materials were there?????? I WISH there was someone I could contact today!

Whoa! Is there anybody you can contact on a Saturday?

If they said all the materials were there then they probably had the right ones. I am being optimistic for you, perhaps it was a typo?

man, I dont know what to do I hate to have to wait until Monday to know. I applied to 3 different concentrations there and I feel certain that since each program reviews separately they would probably send 3 letters. And even if I was rejected across the board I feel as though they would name all three programs and state that I was rejected from all of them. I really hope that my portfolio even got to the right people. I was in touch with them right before the deadline and they said that all of my materials were there?????? I WISH there was someone I could contact today!

Welcome to the hungover still possibly drunk student clerical worker who is your gate keeper. This happened to a friend at Northwestern and there was nothing that could be done about it.

Had to laugh at this, not meanly I swear but my sisters bestfriend is on an admissions team at a top 10 (to keep it private) and he'd always tell us the cruelest stories. It's like you're only holding people's hopes and dreams in your hands...!! Sigh.

Welcome to the hungover still possibly drunk student clerical worker who is your gate keeper. This happened to a friend at Northwestern and there was nothing that could be done about it.

Had to laugh at this, not meanly I swear but my sisters bestfriend is on an admissions team at a top 10 (to keep it private) and he'd always tell us the cruelest stories. It's like you're only holding people's hopes and dreams in your hands...!! Sigh.

Ya, I had a drunken blardy blardy night (like pirates) with a couple of friends going for PHDs in film studies talking about this type of situation. I think its hilarious that all it comes down to is some stupid mistake somewhere.

haha-exactly!!! It's sadly funny...!

Ya, I had a drunken blardy blardy night (like pirates) with a couple of friends going for PHDs in film studies talking about this type of situation. I think its hilarious that all it comes down to is some stupid mistake somewhere.

Hey there L333makes- I heard from VCU- craft dept. They will be making decisions this week apparently. Not sure if that goes for painting, but it might be an indication of other departments timeline!?

Have you visited VCU's campus? Wondering what their studios/campus are like- any info is much appreciated!

any word from VCU (painting/ print) or Cornell?

hi! how did you hear from them? did you have an interview? from what i know, at least painting definitely interviews finalists.

i have visited, but sadly it was when i thought i wanted to study photo, so i only toured the darkrooms, etc. from everything i've heard, the facilities are great, though, and i grew up in charlottesville, va and am therefore very partial to VA in general.

Hey there L333makes- I heard from VCU- craft dept. They will be making decisions this week apparently. Not sure if that goes for painting, but it might be an indication of other departments timeline!?

Have you visited VCU's campus? Wondering what their studios/campus are like- any info is much appreciated!

Thanks for the info. I think I would really like VA as well. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to visit! I had a very informal phone interview with a faculty member, unexpected. And then a follow up email. No final decision, although I will know later this week! I'm very hopeful!

hi! how did you hear from them? did you have an interview? from what i know, at least painting definitely interviews finalists.

i have visited, but sadly it was when i thought i wanted to study photo, so i only toured the darkrooms, etc. from everything i've heard, the facilities are great, though, and i grew up in charlottesville, va and am therefore very partial to VA in general.

Is anyone applying to OTIS? I just checked my online application summary and it says "Decision Made" and "Administrative Accept" -- but I'm not sure if that means that they have accepted me on one level and now waiting for the MFA program? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

That sounds good to me. I think you should celebrate.

Is anyone applying to OTIS? I just checked my online application summary and it says "Decision Made" and "Administrative Accept" -- but I'm not sure if that means that they have accepted me on one level and now waiting for the MFA program? Does anyone know?

Thanks!