MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

NG Here too, says MFA SECOND ROUND

I didnt know that USC distinguishes between new genre and fine art.

I applied to USC with one of the faculty as my letter of rec its like my top choice and my slide room status has not changed :/

OK, I don't know how i got into a page of CMU's SlideRoom that said "final round" regarding my application (browser glitch?), but I suppose we are doing good over there. As for other programs, Rensselaer just sent an acceptance letter (email) and my interview with CalArts wen't along VERY nicely. Haven't heard from SFAI after their interview... I honestly didn't think that I would get this far into the admission process!..... I'm so glad!

As for SAIC's Art&Tech program, RISD Digital+Media, MIT's ACT, NYU's ITP, UCSD, Columbia and SVA Computer Arts... I haven't heard anything.

I hope you guys are doing allright wherever you are, and I am grateful for the information and support that you have provided in this forum.

Why are you guessing a rejection from UCI? I spoke with admissions and they said the first letters in the process would be going out this & next week.

I thought they had already called people they were interested in. I could be mistaken though.

Could you share your experience of interview at Mass Art?

Hope you get delightful letters from the schools.

Sure, it felt more like a conversation than an interview and they wanted to know if I had any questions for them. I spoke with 2 professors and someone in the program. They asked me if I'd heard of an artist that my work reminded them of. They also asked me about my process and some specifics about another piece.

Edited by sndnvsn

how did you hear from CalArts and CMU? Im nervous! great on the interviews!

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems that all the notifications for interviews were sent out for CalArts. Also for CM - I'm just guessing because it said 2011 rejected, or something like that last week. It's changed now to 2011 applicants, but that seems pretty clear to me.

OK, I don't know how i got into a page of CMU's SlideRoom that said "final round" regarding my application (browser glitch?), but I suppose we are doing good over there. As for other programs, Rensselaer just sent an acceptance letter (email) and my interview with CalArts wen't along VERY nicely. Haven't heard from SFAI after their interview... I honestly didn't think that I would get this far into the admission process!..... I'm so glad!

As for SAIC's Art&Tech program, RISD Digital+Media, MIT's ACT, NYU's ITP, UCSD, Columbia and SVA Computer Arts... I haven't heard anything.

I hope you guys are doing allright wherever you are, and I am grateful for the information and support that you have provided in this forum.

what program at CalArts did you apply to? mind telling us how the interview went..specifics? congrats and good luck!

I would also like to hear your thoughts on this. One of my recommendations was written by faculty of the school I applied to also... so this can be bad??

I would guess it could really only hurt your chances if your rec provider happens to not be well loved by the people on the committee-but I obviously can't speak for the other poster.