MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

has anyone heard from UCLA sculpture? or SAIC Sculpture, Fibers or Painting?

thx

from what i understand decisions have been made for SAIC painting as of last wednesday....snail mail letters to arrive this week I assume.

I just talked to them today about that... they said we should be receiving two packets in the mail.. the first one will include the official letter and any merit based scholarships. The second will be from their financial aid office that will include need-based scholarships and other general financial aid/loan information. So should be any day now!

I know CCA already let us know about acceptances last week via webadvisor, but has anybody heard about financial aid, or gotten official letters yet?

great! thanks so much. Can't wait, this wait is no fun...

I just talked to them today about that... they said we should be receiving two packets in the mail.. the first one will include the official letter and any merit based scholarships. The second will be from their financial aid office that will include need-based scholarships and other general financial aid/loan information. So should be any day now!

wow thanks! I was getting kinda nervous seeing all the "I have an interview at UCLA!" postings thinking that I must be "assumed rejected." Probably going to be reject anyways but at least I can hope a little longer...

UCLA Sculpture: I called and they said they are "very close" for sculpture and expect letters to go out sometime this week. There is no formalized interview process, so it is somewhat up to department's discretion.

If it makes you feel any better, I've only heard back from two schools (both rejections). To be fair, during the application process, the majority of the schools I applied to said to expect a decision by March or April...it is only mid-March, so maybe it's still a bit early to assume rejection? Of course, I'm forcing positive vibes and a hopeful outlook at this point, as well. :P

blink.gif I can hardly stand waiting anymore........if one hasn't heard back from a school at this point, is that usually a bad sign?ohmy.gif

If it makes you feel any better, I've only heard back from two schools (both rejections). To be fair, during the application process, the majority of the schools I applied to said to expect a decision by March or April...it is only mid-March, so maybe it's still a bit early to assume rejection? Of course, I'm forcing positive vibes and a hopeful outlook at this point, as well. :P

Yes, thanks! It helps to be positive, right? I know that most schools, including those I am waiting to hear back from, say mid march to April 1st, but based on my obsessive searching for last year's results/notification dates, I'm starting to feel a bit nervous. smile.gif

blink.gif I can hardly stand waiting anymore........if one hasn't heard back from a school at this point, is that usually a bad sign?ohmy.gif

Hmm I've always seen it as "No news is good news," and that if I haven't heard from a school yet, maybe it's because they're still considering me? I hope I'm right.

Edited by artist

Hmm I've always seen it as "No news is good news," and that if I haven't heard from a school yet, maybe it's because they're still considering me? I hope I'm right.

That's actually what a couple of my friends that already have mfa's said, so I think you may be right. I'm just a bit of a silly person right now, dying to hear back! Lets all stay positive!

On 3/14/2011 at 6:43 PM, franco222 said:

That's actually what a couple of my friends that already have mfa's said, so I think you may be right. I'm just a bit of a silly person right now, dying to hear back! Lets all stay positive!

Don't worry, you're not the only one being silly. I keep freaking out and couldn't sleep til 7 a.m. this morning. I'm trying to stay positive. I got into WashU in St. Louis and I'm really glad...but tuition is so expensive that I'm not sure what's going to happen right now. Good luck to everyone!

Email is fine--they want to hear from you as quickly as possible, so the faster you respond, the better.

Do you guys think it's fine to just reply back via email to the schools that you know you will not be going to? Or is that rude?..

I'm not really sure if there is an etiquette to this?

Just interviewed this afternoon and they told me at the end of the interview! I won't have specific details on what they are offering for a week or two though.

Edited by iswanson

Oh man.. that sounds really great! I know I don't know you, but I am really happy for you!

Pratt is/was one of my top choices. I really hope to hear from them soon.

Just interviewed this afternoon and they told me at the end of the interview! She said the interview was mostly for the scholarship. haha! I won't have specific details on what they are offering for a week or two though.