EE admissions Fall 2011

stefano

Anyone know about the status of CMU or UCSD ECE PhD admissions? I haven't heard from either of them, and I'm getting anxious!

I am waiting for UCSD as well. I saw some interview calls on the results section, but I didn't get one. Did u get an interview call?

Has anyone heard about funds from Ohio State - EE? I was admitted to PhD on Jan 5. but nothing about aid :( My area is Electromagnetics

I do not. I was admitted to PhD in the field of communications. I do not know any information about the funds. As you know, we need to fill forms for bank accounts until March, 20. But, this does not work for me. I can not attend this school without financial aid.

Got accepted into Brown and Michigan with no aid for an MSEE

Still waiting on Ohio and NYU Poly. Anyone here back from these schools yet.

I am waiting for UCSD as well. I saw some interview calls on the results section, but I didn't get one. Did u get an interview call?

No -- I haven't heard anything from them at all. No interview or admissions results yet. I hope we don't have to wait much longer!

I do not. I was admitted to PhD in the field of communications. I do not know any information about the funds. As you know, we need to fill forms for bank accounts until March, 20. But, this does not work for me. I can not attend this school without financial aid.

BANK ACCOUNTS??

is this only for OHIO state ??

Not only for Ohio state. If you accepted without financial aid, you need to prove that you have enough money to study and live in that university.

what about 20 march??

do i need to show sufficient funds by 20th march, for all universities or was that only for OSU??

what about 20 march??

do i need to show sufficient funds by 20th march, for all universities or was that only for OSU??

No, that's for that particular applicant, I believe s/he has been admitted on Jan. 20 and they give about 2 months to submit those documents; I was admitted on Jan. 5th and my deadline of sumbmission was March 5th :P I submitted the form that asked for some general info and marked the option of "not able to attend without aid". Funny thing about that they replied to me "why you didn't submit bank account info?":lol: I believe it is a rather superfluous procedure, because evidently except some University Fellowships, no other form of aid has been decided yet. You have until April 15th or beyond (I guess) to submit those forms, if you do not get funds of course. UCI asked me to submit them by April 15th, evidently my 'no fund' status is decided there :(

Edited by ibangz

No, that's for that particular applicant, I believe s/he has been admitted on Jan. 20 and they give about 2 months to submit those documents; I was admitted on Jan. 5th and my deadline of sumbmission was March 5th :P I submitted the form that asked for some general info and marked the option of "not able to attend without aid". Funny thing about that they replied to me "why you didn't submit bank account info?":lol: I believe it is a rather superfluous procedure, because evidently except some University Fellowships, no other form of aid has been decided yet. You have until April 15th or beyond (I guess) to submit those forms, if you do not get funds of course. UCI asked me to submit them by April 15th, evidently my 'no fund' status is decided there :(

ohhk

Got accepted into Brown and Michigan with no aid for an MSEE

Still waiting on Ohio and NYU Poly. Anyone here back from these schools yet.

How did Brown MSEE notified you via postal service or somewhere on the website? I can't find a way to check my status.

Also did anyone heard from Northeastern or Tufts PhD program in EE? I talked to one of the professors at the Info Session that NEU had last week.

He told me that the decisions are made. He was surprised to find out that we don't know yet and told me to e-mail him in 2 weeks if I still don't know.